• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Niagara Summer Cruise - August 7, 2016

Here we go again guys; our latest annual summer cruise is going to be held on Sunday August 7.

As with the last couple years, we are going to be having a cruise in the Niagara peninsula, ending in scenic Niagara - on - the - Lake.

We will be starting our cruise in Grimsby, heading through the hilly and windy roads of the Niagara Escarpment, and maybe having a tunnel run! We will end up at the Queens Landing

The drive will be between 90 minutes and two hours going awesome and windy roads.

Our gathering point will be:

NEW Gateway Niagara
424 SOUTH Service Road,
Grimsby, Ontario L3M 4E8

This is conveniently located seconds from the QEW, minutes from the 407 and a scant 35-40 minutes from the 401.

We plan on getting together about 9:30a.m. then we'll have some coffee, socialize and depart no later than 10:30a.m. After this we will drive for about an hour, stop to rest our legs and continue on to our destination.

Lunch will be at The Queens Landing, where, for the third summer we will be treated to a wonderful buffet with all sorts of selection. It is very reasonably priced with excellent service. The nice part about this venue is the proximity to downtown Niagara - on - the - Lake being a short 5 minute walk and ample parking available in their own private lot. We generally park in a private area off to the side of the hotel and restaurant so that after lunch you can spend as much time in NOTL as you wish.

The lunch buffet will be $34.00 per person, plus gratuities (15%) and taxes (13%), so all inclusive it will be about $44.18 per person.

XQcFtTz.jpg

The club have been working on coming into the 21st century for technology, and I will try to have the cruise route planned out and sent out via google on the morning of the cruise, so we can all listen to the dulcet tones of our GPS guiding us along the way.

Here's a video from our last tunnel run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jng-2-5K2iU#action=share

Don't delay, sign up right now!

1) Sean F. +1
2) Kelly S. +1
3)
4) Bram M. +1
5) Mike V.
6) Rick S. +1
7) Tommy P. +1
8) Digital D. +1
9) Marticus +1
10) Chris W. +1
11) Shawn C. +1
12) Steve R. +1
13) Owen C (Cruise Only)
14) Rob M. +1
15) Henry C. +1
16) Stu S. (Tentative)
17) Tim C.
18) Danny M. (Cruise Only)
19)
20)

Last edited:
I have family over from Holland that weekend, so I may not be able to do the whole cruise....
But I will join you guys at Queens Landing in NOTL, after which those who are interested are welcome to follow me to our Orchid greenhouse, CosMic Plants in Beamsville on the way home, for a quick tour and a free Orchid. I will provide a route from Queens Landing to our address on August 7.

Sorry, can't make this one as travelling to Montreal to see Celine Dion....the nice part is I'm taking the NSX so will be a nice drive. Have fun!

That's too bad Shawna, enjoy Celine! I wish I would have had the chance to see her in Vegas a few years ago.

Shawn, I fully expect to hear your beast uncorked in the Thorold Tunnel!

We're only a few days away, and I couldn't be more excited. The weather Network shows 28 degrees and sunny as a high. it's as close to perfect as we can get!

See you all soon.

We're but two short days from our sunniest event of the year. Tonight I am driving the final 95km route to make sure we don't run into any gravel stretches along our cruise route.

As we've said before, we are meeting for coffee between 9:30 and 10:30, at the Gateway Niagara:

Gateway Niagara
424 SOUTH Service Road,
Grimsby, Ontario L3M 4E8

From there we'll cruise up and down the escarpment, arriving at the Queens Landing for our 1:00 reservation. After we've eaten, one of our members has opened up his industrial orchid greenhouse, CosMic Plants for a tour again.

The weather should be good, the company WILL be great and the food is always excellent.

Looking forward to it guys! As I explained earlier, I will join in at Queens Landing and guide the route to our Orchid production greenhouse (www.cosmicplants.com) for those that are interested!
No pressure though for those who prefer staying around beautiful Niagara on the Lake, or if you prefer to make your way home without any extra stops.
Just know you're all welcome! I estimate it will take 45 minutes to get to CosMic Plants (which will be direction GTA anyways) and another 45 minutes for a quick tour and an Orchid to take home.
See you all Sunday!

What a great cruise, thanks for charting the route Sean. ....and Once again, thanks to Mike for hosting a Tour of his Orchid Greenhouse.

Anyone that took Pictures, can you post them on this thread.

Bram

Back