• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Today's info is that cars have left the factory and that the quality issues that delayed building cars have been addressed (the paint problems and head supply issues have been discredited).

Waiting to hear about when we can schedule tours.

Was there a sizable batch of cars that were held for a "fix" (now presumably applied)? Or should we expect the slow ramp to begin now? I remember that the initial F10 M5's had an oil pump issue that held up a large number of built cars but, once addressed, a bunch of cars were released in a big batch...

Magazines and new reporting sites are the only ones guessing release dates. Honda has never released an actual target date.

I don't believe it was something that needed to be fixed on the cars.

From what I am hearing, Honda had some process issues they found during the build of 001 and they slowed down to an one legged crawl to address what was keeping them from reaching their quality goals.

I am looking forward to someone with some calipers going over a production car to describe just how well built these cars are going to be.

didn't they have a release date of late summer last year? and then Spring this year? among others...

Yes, this is my point to all of the people who seem perfectly okay with the delays, and cast them off as 'well...at least they are taking their time to make it perfect'. They have blown past every single date, deadline, and release promise, and have basically no credibility anymore in the minds of most enthusiasts. It would be funny if it was not so sad that a car that is probably pretty good is going to marred with such a bad image and customer experience from all of these broken promises. I would be livid if I was still on the list and had put down one of those 50% or 100% deposits for the car.

The conversation would include the words, "Well...I sure as heck hope that Honda / Acura is paying for my snow tires. Because when this thing eventually arrives when the world has frozen over, I intend to drive it".

Last edited:
Instant satisfaction is over rated. Anticipation is a key part of buying a newly-introduced sportscar (and much else of what is good in life). In the grand scheme, "My NSX is hopelessly delayed" is not gonna get you much sympathy.

I'm a bit frustrated by the delays, but all in the context of being excited to get the car. Let's be honest: for most buyers, the NSX will not be the only toy in the stable. The NSX will never be more special than it is during the buying process and very shortly thereafter. Enjoy it--- that's what you're paying for.

Instant satisfaction is over rated. Anticipation is a key part of buying a newly-introduced sportscar (and much else of what is good in life). In the grand scheme, "My NSX is hopelessly delayed" is not gonna get you much sympathy.

I'm a bit frustrated by the delays, but all in the context of being excited to get the car. Let's be honest: for most buyers, the NSX will not be the only toy in the stable. The NSX will never be more special than it is during the buying process and very shortly thereafter. Enjoy it--- that's what you're paying for.

yes but you don't remember meeyatch peeing in a cup standing by the first show-stand in Chicago like 10 years ago...:tongue: so much excitement, so much hope:wink:

Yes, this is my point to all of the people who seem perfectly okay with the delays, and cast them off as 'well...at least they are taking their time to make it perfect'. They have blown past every single date, deadline, and release promise, and have basically no credibility anymore in the minds of most enthusiasts. It would be funny if it was not so sad that a car that is probably pretty good is going to marred with such a bad image and customer experience from all of these broken promises. I would be livid if I was still on the list and had put down one of those 50% or 100% deposits for the car.

The conversation would include the words, "Well...I sure as heck hope that Honda / Acura is paying for my snow tires. Because when this thing eventually arrives when the world has frozen over, I intend to drive it".

Show me where they said there were deadlines set please. Show me the link where Honda stated it.

The only "deadline" that I saw in writing was the June/July/August delivery window for the first wave of first cars for ~1/3 of the NSX dealers. It's not Sept 1 yet, so we don't know if they'll make it. Obviously they are being intentionally conservative and Honda hopes to do better. But, so far, they are just missing internal targets but not external promises as far as I can tell.

A disappointing situation, for sure-- but not at all unexpected to see slippage in almost any complex project. Anyone here do a major remodel or new home construction? How'd that go for you? (Let alone a from-scratch production of an ahead-of-its-time sportscar).

The only "deadline" that I saw in writing was the June/July/August delivery window for the first wave of first cars for ~1/3 of the NSX dealers. It's not Sept 1 yet, so we don't know if they'll make it. Obviously they are being intentionally conservative and Honda hopes to do better. But, so far, they are just missing internal targets but not external promises as far as I can tell.

A disappointing situation, for sure-- but not at all unexpected to see slippage in almost any complex project. Anyone here do a major remodel or new home construction? How'd that go for you? (Let alone a from-scratch production of an ahead-of-its-time sportscar).

About 12 months ago, we started a process to move one of our data centers. The plan was to have it moved by September 2015. Things happened as they do, and this month we finally got it all done except for a few small details that need some cleaning up.

Anyway, for what it's worth, the blue NSX prototype that lapped Mid Ohio was called the "2014 NSX" by Honda. Of course, that was in 2014 and might have more to do with the time the event happened rather than any plan to release a production vehicle.

http://www.acura.com/images/2014/NS...ohio-indycar-blue-graphics-right-curve-11.jpg

Last edited:
Show me where they said there were deadlines set please. Show me the link where Honda stated it.

A disappointing situation, for sure-- but not at all unexpected to see slippage in almost any complex project.

come on ladies, you both know the major delays and missed production and delivery dates. everybody does...

really? how long did it take you to write that up?

seems a good amount of the guys on here who had deposits on the car don't agree with you, as they've moved on and bought something else. i guess they actually wanted to drive the car they're paying for...

If there were another car that I wanted more than the NSX and it was available today, I would buy it. I suspect everyone else operates on the same principle. I don't know anyone who would spend ~$200K on a car that wasn't their top choice to avoid an additional delay of a couple of months. That would be dumb. Prior delays are a "sunk cost." I can only make future-oriented decisions, regrettably.

I am speaking from the perspective of someone with a paid deposit on a "first car" at my dealer. If I were looking at this as someone who just discovered the NSX 2.0 and being told "Two year wait, plus or minus," then that would be a different story. But, in that case ALSO, a couple more months delay would be immaterial to whether i wait for the NSX or do something else.

Six months after the NSX arrives in a person's garage, it will just be awesome (or not) based on the thing itself, not based on how long the owner waited for it versus initial expectations of wait time.

Last edited:

As fastaussie just stated in another reply, you know darn well that there have been several deadlines, dates, and delivery windows, missed on this car. I have better things to do with my day then to spend it surfing for an actual link to show you in order to settle an Internet argument. If you think they have never missed anything on this, then feel free to put your head back in the sand.

Maybe Honda / Acura has their target market right. It seems that tons of people on here are fine with the car taking forever to come out. But, then again, I would be curious how many of the people not caring about the delay actually have money on a car?

There's a production Nsx sitting at my local dealer. It's sold but the buyer allowed them to show it on their floor.

Anyway. I used to be a buyer for the new Nsx. I had my name down for more than 3 years.
I moved on to a 458 last year.

Just saying. The real buyers can get fed up and have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

come on ladies, you both know the major delays and missed production and delivery dates. everybody does...

As fastaussie just stated in another reply, you know darn well that there have been several deadlines, dates, and delivery windows, missed on this car. I have better things to do with my day then to spend it surfing for an actual link to show you in order to settle an Internet argument. If you think they have never missed anything on this, then feel free to put your head back in the sand.

Maybe Honda / Acura has their target market right. It seems that tons of people on here are fine with the car taking forever to come out. But, then again, I would be curious how many of the people not caring about the delay actually have money on a car?

You two old school Honda fanboys sound butt hurt the most out of everyone on this forum. Everyone wants the new NSX to drop, but only you two seem to perpetuate how much Honda has fallen from the golden era. I've never really saw Honda up there to begin with so my expectations aren't as high. They are simply a smaller company than Toyota and Nissan out of Japan, so they should actually be a bit more organized and concise of the big 3 from Japan. That's my only viewpoint of Honda.

AGAIN, SHOW ME THE CLAIMS OF PRODUCTION TARGETS PUBLISHED. There is only speculations from reviewers and new reporters.

The GTR took nearly 8 years to go from R34 to R35. No one bats an eye. The LFA took nearly 10 years. Not embarrasing for Lexus/Toyota. So once again, only the old Honda fans seem to be so upset because it's taking almost 5 years to deliver a car from the ground up for Honda but took the others 8-9 years...

- - - Updated - - -

O and let me add that the new Supra BMW/Toyota collaboration has been in talks since 2012 or so, maybe even as early as 2010 and there is still no word on the Supra release yet let along a proof of concept car that shows some kind of powertrain...

According to Rolled on Temple of Vtec -

Deliveries are finally happening!!!!!

Houston Acura just got one delivered.(red with option chrome wheels)

So this particular thread can now be put to rest. :)

So it seems that a handful of cars WILL be delivered in June-- the early end of the promised June/July/August window for the first wave of cars. :) I'm hoping that this will allow the factory to release delivery windows for more cars.

I am looking forward to someone with some calipers going over a production car to describe just how well built these cars are going to be.

I can't help but point out that Acura's logo is a caliper. Precision Crafted Engineering. Uh Uh Whooo!

Back