• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Rene I believe these numbers are for US only cars

acura in Canada for example is separate

good luck with your delivery

You may have the answer. If you got the build day info. Does it means the car is completely build on this day or build start on this day and takes several days?

The car takes about 13 days to build

i believe they make the vin # available to see when production is complete

50% residual?!? So we can all expect to pay $80K to $100K for a 25k miles NSX 2.0 by 2022?

COOL...I'LL JUST WAIT!!!

:D

Sorry we stand corrected, here's the residual values Acura dealer gave us based on mileage for a typical 3 year lease deal:

53% for 15,000 miles per year

57% for 7500 miles per year

58% for 5000 miles per year

hope this helps!

The update:

The crashed car has been totaled and Acura is trying to buy it back to play with in Ohio.
Expect a follow up interview with Leno that will include another famous person.
No news on the accessories like the tire totes.
2018 cars will be ordered soon, no price changes, no spec or options changes.
Acura know they lost a bunch of orders from the delayed launch, they sold cars to folks who wanted noting else but the folks on the fence got tired of waited and bought other toys.
The musicares design car sold for what would have been over sticker.
One car has had a mechanical failure and tech and parts were sent from the factory to make the car well again. I cannot mention what broke.
I was asked for input/experience about the infotainment. Some high roller couldn't get his iheartradio app to work. My experience is that happens and apple car play disappears, just open up the app on your iPhone and it all works fine after that.
They do not know if Michelin Pilot Sport 4s evaluations are happening for the car yet.
The Type R is a pipe dream for at least a few years.
There will be some refresh and expect the pentagon grill to be implemented so the car fits in with the rest of the line up.
Acura is not providing dealers with target maintenance prices. They provide shop hours estimates and the dealerships build pricing with their labor rates and materials pricing.
No extended warranty from Acura at this point.

Last edited:
Honda is pretty conservative

They ain't spending a lot of money to get nothing back

Right now they need to finish up the prototype sedan that will be named RLX and fix that dead segment

B&B, thank you for the continued stream of information you provide the thread.

The update:
There will be some refresh and expect the pentagon grill to be implemented so the car fits in with the rest of the line up.

They're gonna let an unproven lineup look define the fascia of their halo car?

Two general comments, (1) the current NSX face (aka the beak) was derived from an existing lineup that's been thoroughly struggling for many years (sans MDX).
And (2) now they are going to use an untested fascia (aka the pentagon) from just one existing car (the MDX), and run with that?

Can they do any greater disservice to a halo car by repeating the same line of thinking? I'm just wondering where is the hard and fast rule that says you must to do this (i.e. fit it in with the rest of the line up via a bumper grill of all things)?

A front refresh should be to make said car better than itself. Not to make said car like another lesser car. They should be designing the front of the NSX...for the NSX.

When the design of the Z06 was underway imagine a world where they would have been like, "Hey guys, we gotta make sure that we fit the grill of the Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, Equinox, Traverse, Tahoe, and Impala on the front of this baby (as well as each other). And let's throw it on the Camaro and SS too while we're at it, cuz afterall ya know, we were just deemed the most awarded car company three years in a row with all the grill matchin' we do so that means the 'Vette will sell!"

If they do end up with a pentagon front while it may result in an improvement in looks to some (or many), in my opinion this would just be the result of noncritical thinking (that got their lineup into the trouble it's in, in the first place), coupled with a desire to adhere to perceived brand rules. Wouldn't it be great if the top dogs paused and really pressed themselves by challenging if any marketing/branding methods should be revamped? I think this should also be a moment where the designers dig their heels deep into the ground and fight tooth and nail for a design representation that would be the culmination to fulfilling the visual essence of the car. And fighting against the marketing departments propaganda hype of resorting to page 5 in their pocket guide on "How to Do Car Line-ups" by matching grills.

Whatever brand rules Acura's been trying to emulate for this last half decade or so have been off imo... they seem to treat their entire lineup as if they're like Audi's and BMW's when at the moment (and perhaps in reality) it's more like GM's and Ford's.

Again a refresh should be what would truly be the best design in the spirit and essence of NSX, ...by treating it as an individual entity and not conforming to other less "super" cars. Let THAT drive the brand with superintendence and authenticity for a unique form.

Last edited:
Right now they need to finish up the prototype sedan that will be named RLX and fix that dead segment

Yes, fix RLX before my RLX hybrid lease ends in the fall.

... Again a refresh should be what would truly be the best design in the spirit and essence of NSX, ...by treating it as an individual entity and not conforming to other less "super" cars. Let THAT drive the brand with superintendence and authenticity for a unique form.
You are right.👍
I might add, that they need to lower the beak profile ... it's too tall and doesn't look sleek, as an exotic car's 'nose' should.
#RefreshTheBeak

Note sure if this has been said elsewhere and therefore is old'ish news...
I heard from a good source that Builds are officially done and factory won't resume till October.
If so, how does this affect the pricey factory tours etc.?
Can anyone confirm or clarify any details?

I heard from a good source that Builds are officially done and factory won't resume till October.
I cannot validate the complete stop but I can support that the factory has "adjusted" output to support demand as told to me by regional sales directors here on the west coast. Therefore, i'm not surprised they decided to shut down the plant entirely.

Honda is pretty conservative

They ain't spending a lot of money to get nothing back

I drove the latest RLX and was quite disappointed. It drove like a rental car and i'm not trying to be funny. My 16yo LX470 drives lightyears better in all it's land yacht prowess.

I drove the latest RLX and was quite disappointed. It drove like a rental car and i'm not trying to be funny. My 16yo LX470 drives lightyears better in all it's land yacht prowess.

The RLX is big, heavy, and front wheel drive. So driver's car it is not. Cadillac and Buick sold lots of FWD, big, heavy sedans for years also. Certain people don't really care about handling or speed. They just want a big luxurious sedan. Which you can certainly get with even a new Chevy Impala. The RLX checks the boxes as well, but it adds Japanese fit and finish along with Honda's fantastic powertrain reliability.

The "driver's" RLX is the hybrid. Still no BMW, but it makes going through turns an entirely different experience. Along with the instant torque on acceleration you get from the electrics.

I drove the hybrid RLX. I liked the power delivery and the seamless transition between gas/EV but the car felt cheap in almost every way. That's not good for a Luxury Flagship.

BTW: There's nothing more I want to do than support Acura but they really need to do better especially when comparing to their peers.
The RLX is big, heavy, and front wheel drive. So driver's car it is not. Cadillac and Buick sold lots of FWD, big, heavy sedans for years also. Certain people don't really care about handling or speed. They just want a big luxurious sedan. Which you can certainly get with even a new Chevy Impala. The RLX checks the boxes as well, but it adds Japanese fit and finish along with Honda's fantastic powertrain reliability.

The "driver's" RLX is the hybrid. Still no BMW, but it makes going through turns an entirely different experience. Along with the instant torque on acceleration you get from the electrics.

Last edited:
Where did you hear this? Given that my car still hasn't been built yet, I sure hope this is false.

I drove the hybrid RLX. I liked the power delivery and the seamless transition between gas/EV but the car felt cheap in almost every way. That's not good for a Luxury Flagship.

BTW: There's nothing more I want to do than support Acura but they really need to do better especially when comparing to their peers.

I disagree on cheapness, having leased one for the last 2 1/2 years. I don't think the car has a "cheap" interior. It IS rather Spartan, but not cheap other than the "plood" panels, which I could do without. It's not Mercedes special, to be certain, but the driving dynamics (did you try pressing the Sport button? Whoooooooa...) are more important to me. I'm right now mulling over what to do when my RLX SH lease ends shortly....

I disagree on cheapness, having leased one for the last 2 1/2 years. I don't think the car has a "cheap" interior. It IS rather Spartan, but not cheap other than the "plood" panels, which I could do without. It's not Mercedes special, to be certain, but the driving dynamics (did you try pressing the Sport button? Whoooooooa...) are more important to me. I'm right now mulling over what to do when my RLX SH lease ends shortly....

Yeah. Cheap feeling compared to what? S-class or 7-series? Both of which cost tens of thousands more. Compare it to BMW of 5-series or less, and the BMW feels really cheap. Leather and plastic materials, not to mention how squeaky and flexy all of the trim feels like. Ok yeah the RLX doesn't have 20 way massaging power seats or an alcantara headliner, but it feels well put together like a Lexus LS is.

And you'll be turning in your lease and getting into the 2018 RLX SH-AWD. Hopefully the refresh is agreeable to you and the release comes within your timeframe.

Back