• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Do you have more info on both issues? Details?

posted by Bricks and Bio:
They know about the thermostat issue but not about the gas tank gasket issues, both leading to multiple codes being thrown.

Last edited:
The glass repair itself was sub contracted and that part only came to a few hundred of the bill.
The big difference between my project and the other one mentioned was that my car had all of the multi part garnishes (what ever they really are) replaced.

Sounds like somebody didn't know what they were doing and broke a bunch of stuff.

Its a 2 hr event that includes:
45 minute closed course track drive
Hot laps with a pro driver
45 minute street drive

I have 5ish interested customers going.

Acura was "supposed" to have 2 in California, but opted to consolidate them in SoCal. No lodging or transportation to/from the event. Its in the middle of nowhere.
Is this in lieu of having demo cars that cycle through dealerships for test drives, or is it addition to that?

In addition to.

The dealer test drive program is optional.
Each dealer has the option of designating 1 NSX as a "demo" car and Acura pays a monthly stipend to the dealer. Its not a set of cars that travel, its a new, in stock unit.

Acura knows that some of the thermostats are faulty.

I didn't get details about numbers and how far into production this issue turned up.

I will be back in touch with them next week as my recently replaced windshield starting leaking a bit (between the dome light control panel and the windshield itself) on the way home today.

The car is back in the shop to have that addressed and the vibration near the passenger side mirror that is pretty common.

I did learn that the owner of the dealership is driving a new NSX and will start using it for demo drives soon.

Acura knows that some of the thermostats are faulty.

I didn't get details about numbers and how far into production this issue turned up.

I will be back in touch with them next week as my recently replaced windshield starting leaking a bit (between the dome light control panel and the windshield itself) on the way home today.

The car is back in the shop to have that addressed and the vibration near the passenger side mirror that is pretty common.

I did learn that the owner of the dealership is driving a new NSX and will start using it for demo drives soon.

Thanks for the info. Bad news that the replacement of the windshield results in additional problems!

Last edited:
some brief info about the acura test drive event in socal:

invitee + guest. guest gets to drive too.
100mph+ laps of their 7.5 mile banked oval
launch control runs
laps through an auto cross course
laps of the road course

customer said it was a good event. better than one of the porsche events he's been to.

Time for another cryptic message

Have you seen a 2018 yet, no you haven't and the 2017s have been around more than a year

When will you see one?

I can't say but it ain't right now

Have you seen a 2018 yet, no you haven't and the 2017s have been around more than a year

When will you see one?

Guess: In an effort to not further slow down sell-through of 2017 models, Acura will delay the start of the 2018 model year until September or October. That will be their official position pushed out to dealers. of course, if sales pick up in the next couple of months, they can always pull forward the switchover date--- who would complain? ("Sorry Bob, the 2017 your ordered will be a 2018").

Only 23 new cars sold in the US in May

So much for the momentum from April

Again, hopefully the test drives will result in some sales

Last edited:
Not a horrible showing, but below expectations. They need to slow production to meet demand and/or take a page from Audi on the R8 and start offering compelling lease deals.

a compelling lease will be the liquid plumber they need...

Canadian NSX sales (18) were almost as high as US sales (23) for the month of May, which suggests that the factory was busy building the cars for markets outside of the US.

In the highest number thread, serial # 1138 has us vin # 741, so roughly 2/3 of production is still going to the US.

Maybe they made a run of cars for our deserving friends in Canada, but the general ratio has stayed the same.

In the highest number thread, serial # 1138 has us vin # 741, so roughly 2/3 of production is still going to the US.
Acura had said that they were originally planning on building 800 cars for the US and 800 for the rest of the world. Assuming that is still the case, it looks like production of US cars will soon be done.

My car was built near the end of May, and it will be interesting to see what the serial number is.

Congrats Olyar!

I would have thought the factory would have shifted production levels ex US.

I doubt they will stop making US cars.

The situation implies weak demand in other markets.

We also have this funny aspect regarding the actual duration of production of 2017 Model Year cars.

doc,
I don't think that a compelling lease deal will be enough. I really don't like reading about all the naysayers but I'm afraid they maybe right. Seems people are disinterested in this car. Certainly, one month is not a trend, but I would have guessed that the number would have bumped up in sales by this point in the summer. The sheer number of available cars available for sale is perplexing. I'm afraid the future doesn't bode well for this version of the NSX. Also, I doubt that adding a targa/convertible model will do anything to improve sales.

In talking to colleagues who are into exotics such as us, many are really turned off by the hybrid drivetrain. Sure it is quick, but not quick enough to justify the added complexity and unknowns related to battery life especially for a car that may sit for part of its life as a garage queen (especially here in the northern US).

Having seen one in person, I will admit it is attractive but not mesmerizing or captivating enough to make me open up my wallet and plop down nearly $200K. As one of my colleagues stated and I disagreed, but I fear he maybe right. The new NSX is analogous to the CR-Z. A pretty cool car ruined by a hybrid drivetrain made to suit the green contingency (which don't happen to buy sports cars).

interestingly for the guys who bought one and post here the power-unit and e-motors is what attracted them... I don't get too philosophical with cars...it is simply a price issue which drives demand...the supply side is controlled by Acura.......

If the car had another 150 hp people would love it. It just doesn't pack enough punch.

the last one we sold here in montreal , vin end 00099 and serial 01131

it was a 130r with a red inside i will post photo after

IMG_3570.jpgIMG_3571.jpgIMG_3578.jpgIMG_3579.jpgIMG_3583.jpgIMG_3586.jpgIMG_3587.jpgIMG_3595.jpg

Last edited:
a compelling lease will be the liquid plumber they need...

Never understood why Acura will NOT do competitive lease deals when all of their competition are doing it? Wonder why?

McLaren are practically "giving" away their 570s with promises of a slot for a 720 when the lease ends. Acura maybe can do this with the Type-R :)

Back