• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX driver Billy Johnson @ Le Mans

Billy Johnson the fastest NSX driver, my best instructor and developer of our car will be driving at this month 24 Hour Le Mans in a Ford GT. Watch, talk and follow our Man! Good person.

Awesome! Will keep my eyes peeled for him.

While I hope Billy is on the podium I'm supporting his Kiwi team mate Scott Dixon it's 50yrs since two other Kiwi's first won the race for Ford with Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon taking the win in the black GT40 so would be nice to think 50yrs later another Kiwi hits that top step. But go hard [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION] all the best

Excited for a fellow NSX owner and his opportunity. Really pulling for a great outcome!

Make history [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION]!

I'm supporting the Ford GT for (almost) the same reason.
While I hope Billy is on the podium I'm supporting his Kiwi team mate Scott Dixon it's 50yrs since two other Kiwi's first won the race for Ford with Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon taking the win in the black GT40 so would be nice to think 50yrs later another Kiwi hits that top step. But go hard [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION] all the best

When is the 24 hr lemans race? I would love to watch Billy drive the Ford Gt! :)

Flat out Billy!

Billy Johnson @ LeMans24 6/18/16

Our NSX Billy Johnson will be co-driving #66 Ford GT tomorrow, 6\18 at LeMans broadcasting on FOX 6, on line, radio some places and TV in other countries. The Ford team has a list.
His everyday ride, if Ford has not given him a GT, is the NSX. He is the driver for FXMD which made records at tracks on the West in the NSX. He gives a lot back to our NSX community.

Support our friends!

Go Billy

I just purchased live streaming for the race. The have many channels (cameras) that you cab watch. They have a camera in Billy's car. Very cool!

I just discovered that you can watch multiple cameras at once. I have the general race camera and Billy's car camera on my screen!!!

GO BILLY GO

- - - Updated - - -

The Ford GT Car #67 is not on the track, gear box problem :-( NThe problem has been resolved and the car is on the track for the race start!

Last edited:
Biilly is driving right now!!!!!!!!!!

HE JUST PASSED A LMP2 CAR!

Billy will be driving in the dark in a few minutes!

- - - Updated - - -

Billy just past an F car. Hes best time is only 0.04 pf the lead Ford GT driven by Sebastian Bordeax

- - - Updated - - -

Billy's car/team have fallen back to 8th place. I think they were in 4th when Billy was at the wheel. 13 plus hours left. They are two laps behind the leader in their class, an F Car. Hopefully they can gain some ground!

Last edited:
why wasn't he posting on prime during the long straights?:biggrin:

so what was the exact dash light issue? anyone know?

BILLY, you are a hero to us mere mortals.........you're truly living the dream!

Having said that, PLEASE (after a proper nap) give us your perspective on being a Team Ford GT driver running in the Big Show!

Cheers,
Brian

Thanks everyone for the support! What an amazing experience... to have been involved with the development of the car from the start and to have been apart f the team who won LeMans, the entire purpose of the car.

Man... I need some sleep! What happened with the penalty decision in the Risi Ferrari?

so awesome [MENTION=16531]stuntman[/MENTION]!
Ya it's unfortunate we followed the rules and fixed our backlit # board and lost 2 laps while Ferrari didn't fix their leaderboard lights or serve their stop and go penalty. Should have been another ford 1-2-3.

Welcome back to Prime after the shitty weather in France (worst in a lot of years) :) And congrats on this good position, and to Ford team for a great performance !
Was that your first time at Le Mans ? What kind of mental preparation did you follow, since this race means you have to be constantly perfect for long hours and overnight ? Did you get to see the spectacular LMP1 finish ?

Last edited:
Back