• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If I want to buy 17/17 PRF1 for stock 93 , what widht and offset would you recomend?

I'd like to go with Direzza II spec. They have 215/40/17 and 255/40/17

Or should i go 17/18 ?

I have those tire sizes on my car with ssr wheels.....some folks don't like the look of 17/17...I like the rear weight savings

I have those tire sizes on my car with ssr wheels.....some folks don't like the look of 17/17...I like the rear weight savings

17/17 is weight and $ saving. That's hard to beat. Your car looks very good. What offset do you have?

I'd do 17x8+45 and 17x9+35. You might get away with +35 in front, but you will have more issues with fender liners if you are lowered. I'd rather use 5mm spacers with the 45. Here are some offset examples of similar sizes.

I have a set of the rpf1 in 17/8 45 et with 235/40 tire and there is a little fender liner rub so a 215 tire should be fine

Does anyone have any pointers on how to figure out if a specific offset will fit and/or clear stock brake calipers.

For example: Front 17x8.5 +30mm, Rear 17x9 +45mm

Does anyone have any pointers on how to figure out if a specific offset will fit and/or clear stock brake calipers.

For example: Front 17x8.5 +30mm, Rear 17x9 +45mm

There isn't really a way. Caliper clearance is a function of wheel spoke design & back pad depth (usually referred to ask Disk Type), and in some wheels the offset. What I'm trying to say is that there is NO universal offset and width combination that will fit the stock brakes for every single wheel out there.
What I can tell you is that a 17x8.5 +30 front wheel will stick out past front fender, while a 17x9 +45 rear will be very recessed into the wheel well (it won't look good).

Also, to further complicate the matter, caliper clearance is also a function of which stock brakes you have. The 1991-1996 brakes have smaller rotors (the "B Radius" becomes smaller) which makes the clearance closer to the hubcenter more important in the wheel design. The 1997-2005 brakes have larger rotors which push the calipers out further away from the wheel hub center ("B radius" is perfect). In most wheel spoke designs, this gives more clearance as illustrated in the picture below.
Caliper_Clearance.png

Back