• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Aftermarket Wheels Options with Brembo BBK

I would contact SOS about your issue as they have experience with Brembo fitments. Running a 32 or 33 offset might not fix your problem either because of how Volk makes their wheels. That is a common misconception. Also, the 18x7.5 +40 offers the greatest caliper clearance in that size of the 57Xtreme. Your other option is to step up to the 18x8.5 +45 as that has slightly more clearance according to the website but you'll run into other problems with tire stretch with that size though.

Can one get the 18 x 8 1/2J Face-2 +42 to work in the front? The Face 2 has a nicer concave look...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adrian,

I called SoS and they are telling me that you cannot use anything greater than a 7.5" wheel in the front, this clearly cannot be the case if, as you quote, Jeff (whose car I love) is running 8.5" wheels?

Do you think 18x8 1/2J 42 (Face 2) w/ 225/35's would work?

Jeff did these wheels too. His specs are:
18x8.5" +45 front, 19x10.5" +35 rear RAYS Gram Lights 57Xtreme wheels; 215/35ZR18 front, 275/30R19 rear Bridgestone RE760 tires; Muteki lug nuts. I've seen his car in person and the tires are stretched.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/features/1412-1991-acura-nsx-dream-car/

SOS recommends 285/30/19 or 295/30/19 with the 19x10.5 but that may cause the TCS problems. I would call SOS with their recommendation.
https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/nsx/rays-57xtreme-wheels.html

Adrian,

I called SoS and they are telling me that you cannot use anything greater than a 7.5" wheel in the front, this clearly cannot be the case if, as you quote, Jeff (whose car I love) is running 8.5" wheels?

Do you think 18x8 1/2J 42 (Face 2) w/ 225/35's would work?

I know a 18x8.5 +42 with a 215/35/18 will work. I have that currently. I can't speak to brake clearance though with that wheel.
I also can't say the 225/35 will work either.. I don't know for certain.. too many variables.

I know a 18x8.5 +42 with a 215/35/18 will work. I have that currently. I can't speak to brake clearance though with that wheel.
I also can't say the 225/35 will work either.. I don't know for certain.. too many variables.

SoS was trying to tell me at that width (8.5") the car will not turn lock to lock cleanly?

As for the 225's I want to get the Michelin Pilot Sport's and I don't think they come in the 215's...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like I've run into another issue. I received my wheels from SoS yesterday. I opened up 1 front and 1 rear to check fitment. The rears fit fine and clear the brembos without the need for a spacer. For the front, however, even with a 5mm spacer, they don't clear. I added washers to see how much room I needed and it seems that I will need at least a 7.5mm or 8mm spacer for the front wheels to fit. The front wheels are 18x7.5 with a 40 mm offset. If they had a 32 or 33 offset, they would have worked.

FYI If you add a spacer more than 3mm ideally, 5mm MAX, you must replace the wheel studs with longer ones (ARP) as the nuts will not have enough turns to lock down the wheels securely otherwise. If you measured the clearance needed at 8mm then you could look at doing this since you've already got the wheels. Note that depending on wheel changes if you run other wheels later without spacer, you may have to use open end lug nuts depending on the length of ARP bolt you choose. Even for these if you end up with the 1" longer bolts perhaps.

Also, they don't make the integral bolt spacers smaller than 15mm so that is not an option either...which even if you could get them, could cause a conflict with the mating hub of the wheels if it didn't have pockets large enough to accommodate the oem bolts sticking through the spacer.

Last edited:
FYI If you add a spacer more than 3mm ideally, 5mm MAX, you must replace the wheel studs with longer ones (ARP) as the nuts will not have enough turns to lock down the wheels securely otherwise. If you measured the clearance needed at 8mm then you could look at doing this since you've already got the wheels. Note that depending on wheel changes if you run other wheels later without spacer, you may have to use open end lug nuts depending on the length of ARP bolt you choose. Even for these if you end up with the 1" longer bolts perhaps.

Also, they don't make the integral bolt spacers smaller than 15mm so that is not an option either...which even if you could get them, could cause a conflict with the mating hub of the wheels if it didn't have pockets large enough to accommodate the oem bolts sticking through the spacer.

Already forgetting that I'm running a 11mm integrated lug spacers on my Volk CE28Ns in the rear? Shameful. You can get them from Evasive Motorsports, they are a listed Prime vendor. You are right about they may still not work based on the design of the wheel. The Volks have the cutouts/cavity for the lugs to protrude into and hence the wheel and spacers sit flush against hub. However, this is definitely a wheel by wheel thing to check because without the cavity or a small one then no dice and you have to replace the studs.

I have the Stoptech BBK and am running Advan RGIIIs. Sourced from SOS these are 17x8 (+37) and 18x10 (+35). Fitment is great with room for the Stoptech calipers. I don't think I'd go wider than 8" in the front as you will likely have rubbing issues.

Last edited:
Already forgetting that I'm running a 11mm integrated lug spacers on my Volk CE28Ns in the rear? Shameful. You can get them from Evasive Motorsports, they are a listed Prime vendor. You are right about they may still not work based on the design of the wheel. The Volks have the cutouts/cavity for the lugs to protrude into and hence the wheel and spacers sit flush against hub. However, this is definitely a wheel by wheel thing to check because without the cavity or a small one then no dice and you have to replace the studs.

I did forget you mentioned that! Might be an option here if his wheels have pockets large enough to accommodate the oem studs. Good thing his wheels are 7.5" wide-

Back