• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daisy Auto's Ben Saves The Day

Ben doesn't wear blue tights or a red cape but last night he certainly saved my butt! I was picking up the wife at the Shady Grove Metro...40 miles from home. I turn the key...the fuel relay clicks...the engine turns over...but nothing. She won't start. What to do? Call a tow truck? Call a relative? Nope, call Ben at Daisy Auto! He'll know what to do. But wait, it's 8:04pm. Damn! I call anyway...and Ben answers. He diagnoses the problem, "A failed main relay," he says, "on a 97, it's behind the passenger seat. Tap on it and try to start her, if she doesn't start, call me back". I tap but she still won't start, so I call Ben again. "I'll be there in less than an hour". What?! Did I hear him correctly? At 8:48pm, Ben enters the "Kiss and Ride" lot, and with tools in hand, swaps the dead relay for a new one, buttons up everything and by 9:15pm we're headed home. Did that just happen? Was I dreaming? Who was that masked man? That was Ben from Daisy Auto! He's the "NSX Whisperer" by day, but last night, he was a Super Hero, a great friend, who saved my ass! Jim Asendio

Last edited:
Apologies. Side bar: 39400-SL0-A01 is the part # for the main relay correct? (Been meaning to keep one of these on-hand.)

Apologies. Side bar: 39400-SL0-A01 is the part # for the main relay correct? (Been meaning to keep one of these on-hand.)

yep. also be sure to keep the tools in your car to do the swap. I'm not positive off the top of my head, but I think a 10mm and a phillips head.

Ben is passionate about what he does and this is a great demonstration of it.

yep. also be sure to keep the tools in your car to do the swap. I'm not positive off the top of my head, but I think a 10mm and a phillips head.

10 mm is correct! I had a similar issue last month, luckily a local primer had 2 spare main relays. It's great to be part of a community that is willing to help each other.

Ben is passionate about what he does and this is a great demonstration of it.

Absolutely correct, I don't believe I've ever met someone who cares about the cars *and* their owners the way Ben does. And that's not to slight any of the other awesome folks here who care about and serve the community, I just haven't met them.

My own "Ben story": a couple of days before I was supposed to take my car to Ben for the rebuild documented elsewhere on Prime, it sat out in a heavy rain storm at work all day. When I started it up to go home I felt the misfiring from a coil pack that got wet. It was running too rough for comfort so I called Ben who said give it a couple of full warm-up/cool-down cycles and it should clear up. Friday night, the night before I'm supposed to drive down there, it still hadn't cleared up and I called Ben again. He said go ahead and drive it, but take it easy, and if it gets worse or I'm just not comfortable driving it, call him, he has 3 coil packs and his tools already in his car, he'll come to wherever I am and swap out the coil(s) as needed to get me going. My house is 2 hours away and if I had needed him to come there, he would have. (Fortunately for both of us, I got it there OK.) But here's a guy willing to drop what he's doing on a Saturday and drive 4 hours round trip to help a customer. Where y' gonna find that these days?

Back