• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meet at Rallye Acura with the new NSX VIN #19 - September

Rallye Acura in Roslyn just took delivery of a new NSX and I am trying to work out a meet there for our local members.

They are trying to schedule something betwen 5:30-8:00 pm on a week night either 8/16, 17 or 18.

Stay tuned.....

EDIT: meet being rescheduled to a date in September

Last edited:
That would be interesting. Maybe worth the drive from upstate.

I'm minutes from there, would definitely be interested.

They are asking if we have anyone interested for an evening meet (5:30-8:30 pm) on a date between 8/16-18.

Anyone?

Having driven in Long Island traffic during that time of day I have to say that I'm out. Any chance for a weekend date???

since I'm close by and those dates I'm free. I'm in but I hate to be the only one there.

i agree that during that time is not the best for Long Island traffic.

frankie

They are asking if we have anyone interested for an evening meet (5:30-8:30 pm) on a date between 8/16-18.

Anyone?

i am totally in, and i work about 15m no traffic and could be there for 530p too... Frankie you can meet me by my office if you like on NHP Road

i am totally in, and i work about 15m no traffic and could be there for 530p too... Frankie you can meet me by my office if you like on NHP Road

Sounds good!

Rallye Acura in Roslyn just took delivery of a new NSX and I am trying to work out a meet there for our local members.

Stay tuned.....
Bob, any hints on how you approached the dealership with this proposal? I would like to do the same here locally. I have talked to a dealer here and they really aren't that interested in having their lot taken up by a bunch of 11 -25 year old cars. I would think they would use the interest from all the great cars in their lot, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Bob, any hints on how you approached the dealership with this proposal? I would like to do the same here locally. I have talked to a dealer here and they really aren't that interested in having their lot taken up by a bunch of 11 -25 year old cars. I would think they would use the interest from all the great cars in their lot, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

They took delivery of #19 and I wrote asking about the price. After I told them their market adjustment was too high, I asked about whether they would be interested in having our members come out to check out the car and that would help them market #19 . They expressed interest and then later gave me the lower price for club members in conjunction with expressing interest in a meet (although they want a week night). It was basically a good will exchange to help them publicize #19 and get our current cars on a slow week night to draw attention to the dealership.

Im also local and make it either day. Work on the 16 so i can go straight from "office" and be there by 530

List of attendees so far:

1. RSO 34
2. The Big E
3. Lamchop168
4. DreamPowered
5. arista5
6. 2NDWIFE

Is it set for the 16th?
I'm a definite "maybe"!!!

Sorry, please remove me from the list. Wife booked a west coast trip with out letting me know. Damn, I really want it to go and see the new car.

with how much of a bargain this car is you think it will still be there in september :biggrin:

sorry couldnt resist

nice...lets all go to manheim:rolleyes:

"That's alright" We have our cars anyway. Let's use them to meet up regionally. Thanks for the effort Bob.

Back