• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

9006 LEDs headlights fitment

I have LEDs for both low and high beams. Do you have the pop ups or the fixed?
I converted to the fixed, and had to make some changes to the wiring interconnects.
The lights work great, and are instantaneous, unlike the HIDs.

I converted to the fixed, and had to make some changes to the wiring interconnects.

I have the pop ups, eventually one day I will fork out the money for the conversion to the fixed. So I will have to wait for someone to chime in that has pop lights w/ LEDs.

I went with a kensun led kit from Amazon for 50 bucks. Super bright and have given me zero issues.

Last edited:
I just looked at some pictures of the back of the headlights and I dont think LEDs with work with the flip up lights.Has anyone ever taken apart the flip up light housing? I wanted to replace the projectors with some TSX polished projects, which would provide a cleaner cut off.

Yes, sorry I misread this post. I installed the Kensun hid kit. They are bright as hell. I would be somewhat weary of going aftermarket led headlights as cooling is an issue. Sorry I wasnt much help. But for me the Kensun hid kit was a great upgrade for me at an even greater price.

Thank you. I ended up ordering hids. Let's see how they look when they come in.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just installed the Kensun 6k hid's tonight. They are great. The only thing is you have to switch the wiring to the ballast. They don't work unless you swap the power/ground wires for the ballast connector.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,077
I just installed the Kensun 6k hid's tonight. They are great. The only thing is you have to switch the wiring to the ballast. They don't work unless you swap the power/ground wires for the ballast connector.

attachment.php
Yes I had the same issue. Red wire went to black and black went to red. Kinda ass backwards and polarity specific.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how the ballasts of the Kensun Kit can fit right under the headlight cover for a wireless looking installation.

I have a set of the Philips coming any day now. I'm not a big fan of the tiny cooling fans on some models as they can burn out and you have no warning. Philips uses heat sinks instead. I run them on my Tacoma with excellent results. I really hope the LED's work well in popups. Fingers crossed.

What LED's did you use? any pics?

Yea the ones I was looking for on vled.com. And the rear heat sinks doesnt some they would fit with the dust cover with the lip up lights

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What LED's did you use? any pics?

Hey R,
They are both from eBay. I can find the exact items if you wish.
The low beam is a 45W with 4500lumens. It has ballasts.
The high beam is a 30W 4300K with 3400lumens. This one does not have external ballasts. It is built into the bulb.

a0f4da119db07e0fefb5f4dd3d6dd0eb.jpg

130b522b1922f6827d6fd0ec0ccb11d0.jpg

51690c6804efb06bd3947928862d34c2.jpg

Last edited:
Back