• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help - mechanic in SGV

Hey guys,Need some help with my NSX. I'm noticing a smell of gas in my cabin. I put the car up on jacks to see where it is coming from and can't find the leak. I did see a little bit of gas on the block closest to the FPR but cannot locate the leak.A second set of eyes would greatly be appreciated - if you guys could recommend someone. It would be greatly appreciated.Best,Joe Nacion

As far as I know, there are no reputable NSX mechanics in the San Gabriel Valley other than John Martin at Diamond Honda, not even in the City of Los Angeles. Other than John, you need to go to Orange County. One of the local OC favorites is Ramon at Niguel Motors in Laguna Niguel. Ramon is very knowledgeable, is reasonably priced, and will not up-sell you. In addition Ramon is an NSX owner. There are other knowledgeable NSX mechanics in Orange County and also in San Diego County. I'll let others vouch for the other local NSX mechanics.

Best of luck in getting you NSX issue resolved

Last edited:
It's worth the drive to see Ramon at Niguel Motors.

Address: 27140 Cabot Rd, Laguna Hills, CA 92653

Phone: (949) 348-2476

Odds are that you don't have a liquid fuel leak, but a vapor leak somewhere. Non of the people listed before are a bad choice, it just depends on how quickly (and cheaply) you need to have this problem fixed.

just curious if either John or Ramon works on the cars personally? If not, then the quality of work is solely based on the assigned mechanic? Just hope that Robert Garcia doesn't work there.

As far as I know, there are no reputable NSX mechanics in the San Gabriel Valley other than John Martin at Diamond Honda, not even in the City of Los Angeles. Other than John, you need to go to Orange County. One of the local OC favorites is Ramon at Niguel Motors in Laguna Niguel. Ramon is very knowledgeable, is reasonably priced, and will not up-sell you. In addition Ramon is an NSX owner. There are other knowledgeable NSX mechanics in Orange County and also in San Diego County. I'll let others vouch for the other local NSX mechanics.

Best of luck in getting you NSX issue resolved

just curious if either John or Ramon works on the cars personally? If not, then the quality of work is solely based on the assigned mechanic? Just hope that Robert Garcia doesn't work there.

Ramon does all the work on NSXs. It is just him and one other person in that shop. As far as John Martin, you will probably not see him wrenching as that isn't his main occupation at Honda. He's the Service manager...and one of the best!

that's good to know that Ramon does his own work. He must be hard to book.

Ramon does all the work on NSXs. It is just him and one other person in that shop. As far as John Martin, you will probably not see him wrenching as that isn't his main occupation at Honda. He's the Service manager...and one of the best!

Hey guys,Was able to locate my leak - ended up being my AEM FPR, i ended up rebuilding it and changing out all my lines to 250 psi lines. Shes gravy now. Thanks for help!Whens the next SGV meet?

Back