• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

frame repair at 3 NSX at one time

#1 black NSX from Austria. Damaged all around. Trunk aluminium damage and front light housing incl frame out of center.

#2 red NSX from Sweden. Bented front frames and a light rear hit.

#3 red NSX from Austria. Bented front frames, the most frame damage of all 3.

Lots of used and some new spare parts are needed incl a donor car where we cutted the good front frame off to use it on #3 . This pics today are just showing the rough work made to the chassies and see how the frames are off from factory settings. The fine work to get the frontlight mould in correct shape, bringing back a nice tail to the black NSX and all the other little stuff like perfect weldspots, paint job, etc... I will show you in some next postings.

Number 3 I bought back in 2008 and parted out the car, since repairing was not worth the money. The value of a nice NSX back in that time was just around 30000 Euro. Now in 2016 this prices has doubled and repairing that chassie is now right in time.

Each buyer of those cars will get the pics and a well documented story about how things were made. :)

Enjoy the pics, I think only a very few to non people here on prime have ever seen such a work on our old NA1/NA2 cars. Thanks to the Chassie/Bodyshop who does the work to that cars. I know most are afraid when such huge frame work has to be done to an aluminium chassie.

img_3231640x4809ajo9.jpg

img_3238640x480p8jbm.jpg

img_3240640x480najka.jpg

dsc_1419cvk6v.jpg

nsx64ktr.jpg

The allignment tool used. I was told one of two available in Europe. And the donor-car, a roll-over NSX from Sweden.

img_1250hmsoa.jpg

img_1247kcs07.jpg

img_12421qsxc.jpg

The easiest to allign of the 3 cars.

img_1236ams1n.jpg

img_12397lsxh.jpg

#2 from Sweden get a brand new front right frame.

img_12433tseo.jpg

img_12460kst4.jpg

img_1248ibsf3.jpg

p11006966ps3d.jpg

p1100697d7sib.jpg

p1100700vjsi2.jpg

# 3 the worst frame hit. Thats how the pivot is attached to the frame! Another pics shows the fixing points from the suspension. Reminds me on that Terminator hand skeleton in the first movie. :p

p110070202s8t.jpg

p1100703nrsww.jpg

p11007118dsds.jpg

p1100713tksad.jpg

p1100714vnsiw.jpg

p1100715wds9l.jpg

p1100716iase8.jpg

p1100717i2s2o.jpg

p1100718wbsvf.jpg

p11007196as8d.jpg

p1100720h3smx.jpg

p11007219esq7.jpg

Subscribed! Show more bare naked ladies.

Love it...show us more.

BTW, that Celette jig...it is not for pulling, rather it is for measuring and lining up, correct?

Love it...show us more.

BTW, that Celette jig...it is not for pulling, rather it is for measuring and lining up, correct?

Yes thats right. You need it to get all the oem measures back again. I am no pro of this work, it is done by a alignment and paint shop just 45 minutes from me.

Yes thats right. You need it to get all the oem measures back again. I am no pro of this work, it is done by a alignment and paint shop just 45 minutes from me.

Im sure it only took them 45 minutes to do the work as well right :wink:!

Truly inspiring the labor that was required to do this. I also agree the price on wrecked NSX's has doubled as well!

In for more photos...

Is this where they are joined from the factory?

attachment.php

Only reason im asking i have to replace mine. I have bought a complete chassis rail that goes up to the lower sill.

Attachments

• p1100718wbsvf.jpg
    p1100718wbsvf.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 3,694
No, thats not where the frames are joined from factory. The body shop told me it is way less work and functionaly the same than cutting/rewelding at the oem spots.

recover pics of the Swedish car. The frame is finished. The headlight housing and the radiator support will get black later (like it is oem). Now I have to put all parts together and when it rolls again with freshly serviced engine, new clutch, etc...it goes back to the body-shop and get all new R-77 painting. :D

dsc_0151s8ope.jpg

dsc_01529apew.jpg

dsc_0153e5or2.jpg

dsc_0154jzrfz.jpg

dsc_0155qlp94.jpg

A couple of years ago, I had to replace one of my front beams following a road accident.
Apart from getting the alignment right, the biggest issue is to find the guy who can weld aluminium.
I also had to fight with the insurance company that wanted to scrap the car...
Last but not least I sourced the parts from the USA where for instance the front beam was half the price from France!

recover pics of the Swedish car. The frame is finished. The headlight housing and the radiator support will get black later (like it is oem). Now I have to put all parts together and when it rolls again with freshly serviced engine, new clutch, etc...it goes back to the body-shop and get all new R-77 painting. :D

Like the accident never even happened!

Any chance you could post close up pics of the plastic yellow clips at the bottom of the windshield? Those are the ones people have trouble with when they get a new windshield installed.

Yes thats right. I think in most other Euro countries we do not have the "stigma" you have in US. I think this is a good system you have, would be nice to have it also here

Well, the black one is finished as well. Now both cars get the new ABS system, cause I will not reinstall the old one, it's too much out of time and known to get out of function any way. The black one will get same look with oem parts like the silver in the picture with ATR dry carbon hood and wing and real oem 2002+ side skirts. But first I will buy a sodium blaster to get the suspension parts etc as nice as new. :D

restore_41rs1s.jpg

restore_3szsgg.jpg

restore_1misun.jpg

restore_2yjsyt.jpg

restore_11nnorb.jpg

restore_121srl8.jpg

restore_10qvqjm.jpg

The walking dead.....:biggrin:

By end of last year, Chasie Nr. 3 was finished from the body work. :)

The red swedish Chassie is sold to Germany without engine, transmission and some other parts, cause the customer has a Honda Shop and some NSX spare parts in the shelfs. The customer will assemble it himself and safe me lots of work and doing the paint job and him lots of money. So we both are lucky and he get an NSX for just 2/3 the market price (when the car is finished).

nsx22su3a.jpg

p1060237rwuds.jpg

dsc_0475l3ufb.jpg

dsc_04766ju06.jpg

dsc_0480f3uf3.jpg

Some update here. I will post more in the forums again instead of FB, cause of the lack of an search function at FB.

some shoots when the NSX chassie #2 was picked up this year in spring from the german customer:

received_906234486182924.jpeg

received_906234426182930.jpeg

Overhauld engine ready to get married with the black chassie #1 . NEW: hone, piston rings, rod&main bearings, valve seals, ALL o-rings and gaskets in block an heads, overhauld heads with valve job, timing belt, waterpump, spark plugs, LMAs, crank pulley with shield and crank position sensor. The clutch and tranny have just 17000 miles on the clock. Cleaned intake manifold and thottle body with all new gaskets

21150280_1672599589459178_4919525270972557370_n.jpg

Some cleaning of the nice aluminium parts.

DSC_1303.jpg

DSC_1302.jpg

Last edited:
Not that you have repaired them and are selling them how about the info about the CHASSIS NUMBERS or these cars? Furture NSX owners in Europe would be highly interested in how the cars looked like before and how they were repaired...

The buyer will get a full history and photo documentation of the work. I dont see the sense of posting a vin number yet here.

1) in europe there is not such an system like in usa where damage is reported to each vin number.

2) the next owner after the person i sell the car will not find any infos anywhere (if the preowner will hide my given documentation) ecept in the forums when reading my posts. He could simply ask me if he comes over this thread. Since this is not an sales thread either, this info is not needed yet. If i will advertise the car, the vin info will of course get posted incl pics and service info. ;)

Back