• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Only had time for 1 coat of Natty's Blue

As a former detailer and now owning the black beauty 02 of dreams for a little over one month, its killing me that I haven't found the time to do the full tear down ( machine polishing compound > clay > pre polish > polish > detail spray) I am hoping before the end of August I can completely tear it down as every day I have to look at slight imperfections in the paint. But it doesn't bother me as much nowadays as driving vs detailing is what I'm all about nowadays. I got a quick routine to somewhat "hide those imperfections"

I had a wee bit of time yesterday waiting for some trades to arrive to my house, so I only had time for a quick OnR wash and a coat of Natty's Blue. I've always liked the final glow Natty's gives dark colours even on top of Zaino. (yes I'm a zaino zealot) However, without any pre-compound work, you can tell it looks more like "wrapped in saran wrap" (ie Wolfgang) than that "deep dark wet look (ie Zaino). I prefer the deep wet look but have to wait until I have 6-8 hours to get it done properly. Until then, this works for me ;-)

attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx.rear.nattys.jpg
    nsx.rear.nattys.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 316
I know how you feel. After getting into detailing, I can never look at a car the same again.

After I learned how to detail cars, I found that I am more a driver person than a paint job perfectlism .
I guess if I have Lambo or Ferrari, I don't mind keeping it in the garage, keep it super clean, super gloss, dust free. That's how I treat my first NSX.

Then, I found it a mistake that my NSX deserves more on the road. Keep it running will put smile on both me and my machine.
Now, I just keep it wash/wax on a regular base, the rest is driving, driving and driving!

Back