• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Angeles Crest/Lake Arrowhead Drive on 8-28

@Track Addict - did you finally install the most awesome, elitist, blingiest coilovers ever made finally?

Sadly [MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION] They are still waiting down in Vista for me. I can't seem to ever find any time to modify them and then complete the install.

The day before my 2nd wedding anniversary. Maybe I can kill two birds with one stone and take the wifey on the drive w/ me :). She can make that my anniversary gift.

It's on my calendar and I'm a "maybe"...........

Anyone else driving ALL THE WAY UP THERE from San Diego at "0 dark hundred" ???

LMK and we can sleep drive up there together :wink:

It's on my calendar and I'm a "maybe"...........

Anyone else driving ALL THE WAY UP THERE from San Diego at "0 dark hundred" ???

LMK and we can sleep drive up there together :wink:
That's my issue right now. Not sure I want to wake up that early. Potentially leaving from Encinitas.

If this was a Palomar drive, i'm in for sure.

That's my issue right now. Not sure I want to wake up that early. Potentially leaving from Encinitas.

If this was a Palomar drive, i'm in for sure.

If you decide to go LMK. Maybe we can rent a Tesla, put it on autopilot and have it tow both of us up there while we sleep ??

Ok, here's an unusual and massive favor to ask...anyone have a spare set of 17/18 or even OEM wheels with good rubber on them that you'd be willing to lend me for this drive? If so, it'd be great to get my NSX on the street with y'all...:smile:

Ok, here's an unusual and massive favor to ask...anyone have a spare set of 17/18 or even OEM wheels with good rubber on them that you'd be willing to lend me for this drive? If so, it'd be great to get my NSX on the street with y'all...:smile:

I have a spare set of 2000 OEMs 16/17 but one of the front tire sidewalls found a nail ;(
Will need to source a replacement set of front tires if you want to borrow them, probably Direzza StarSpec II 225/45/16
Have 255 Bridgestone RE11 on the rear with very little wear.... unfortunately the RE11 in 225/45/16 is a Japan only tire
I live in Riverside.... btw, I want a ride in your supercharged Tundra :)
-

Last edited:
I have a spare set of 2000 OEMs 16/17 but one of the front tire sidewalls found a nail ;(
Will need to source a replacement set of front tires if you want to borrow them, probably Direzza StarSpec II 225/45/16
Have 255 Bridgestone RE11 on the rear with very little wear.... unfortunately the RE11 in 225/45/16 is a Japan only tire
I live in Riverside.... btw, I want a ride in your supercharged Tundra :)
-

Very kind of ya! Yeah, I don't really want to run mixed rubber and my wheels are 17/18, so I couldn't buy a pair of front 16's that I would then be able to use in the future. Thinking about this further...maybe I should actually commit to a set of street tires now (instead of Dec). The issue with that is, I'd have to unmount my Achilles, mount the new rubber, then unmount the new rubber and remount the Achilles...Else I have to do the same with my Toyos...The other issue is, I already have 4 sets of tires stacked here at the house and if I got a fifth I think I'd finally be pushing the envelope with Victoria's tolerance...so many problems...:wink:

As for the Tundra, she has both 500+ HP and Torque, and of course I installed the SC just to tow the trailer...no really, I did...:tongue:

Like the other SD folks, it's a bit tough making that meet up time way up there, but....maybe we can meet up with the group at the McDonald's (where we've met up before) off the 15 and 138 at like 9am and do the Arrowhead portion of the run???

I'm down for that...Lmk if any of you are interested in that idea.

Last edited:
Like the other SD folks, it's a bit tough making that meet up time way up there, but....maybe we can meet up with the group at the McDonald's (where we've met up before) off the 15 and 138 at like 9am and do the Arrowhead portion of the run???

I'm down for that...Lmk if any of you are interested in that idea.

That's a great idea! I'm only in Orange County but I'd consider doing that as well.

Nick, I sent you a PM on tires that I have that may work for you!

I also have a set of wheels you can use. I'd track with these but that's because you and I have decent track hours under our belt. In other words.. they're safe but not all too predictable for heavy use due to the mismatch tires. Street should be fine.. at least for me.

Fronts: 17x8 Advan RS Gold - Dunlop Starspec Z1
Rears: 18x9 Advan RS-D Graphite - Federal RSR

You're free to use them if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Did we "OK" S2000's btw?

Not trying to force the issue but it's easier for me to take that car right now..

We may have to change our plans with the Blue Cut Fire that started today. The weigh station off 15 burned out and the McDonald's at 15 and 138 had flames on it put out. All of Wrightwood is evacuated as of 10 PM on Tuesday night.

ROAD CLOSURES
South Bound 395 closed at Joshua
Highway 138 has been closed from Interstate 15 to Highway 2

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4962/

Last edited:
Right now I'm 50/50. Supposedly my car will be back in my hands this week. I'm just not sure what day. But, I've been promised this more times than I can count now, so I'm not very optimistic. If I get it back before Thursday, then my chances of joining in on the drive are high. After Thursday....chances drop dramatically because I want to install all me new goodies before I put it back on the road. Fingers crossed :encouragement:

As of today the roads we will be on are OPEN!!!

Mario,

I sent you a PM. I'm not going to be able to make this event unfortunately. Thanks for the offer.

Back