• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Delayed Introduction - 1995 NSX-T

I've been slacker putting together a blog entry detailing my NSX purchase, so this intro post is a bit delayed. Cliff notes - After about 5 years of looking, I finally bought a NSX. In March, my wife & I flew down to Florida and drove it home. Yes, we're still married. ;)

Here's the blog post with the full story (and a bunch of pictures) about the trip to pick up the car: http://alpenworks-automotive.blogspot.com/2016/08/1995-nsx-purchase-and-trip-home.html

Wow. You took all of that in stride quite admirably. I flew down to Dallas to pick my '95 and we drove it home about 1,000 miles. However, we had none of the adventures you had. And, I'm happy to say, it has only required regular maintenance except for a radio/amp fix. I think you'll find it to be quite reliable once it is sorted out.

Thanks, guys. You're absolutely right, BamaFan. The car has been super reliable after it was sorted out. I used to think "what expensive and uniquely Teutonic thing is going to break?" every time I fired up my 40th AE 911. That's not the case with the NSX.

Nice... Wasn't this the same Nsx listed for sale onJames Edition? It is still listed.

Enjoyed your introduction!

Quite the ride home.

Pls tell......... Hoodoo? Where does that come from?

Many happy and trouble-free NSX miles :smile:

Nice... Wasn't this the same Nsx listed for sale onJames Edition? It is still listed.

Thanks. That's my car's doppleganger. Mine was purchased from a private seller & is a 95, so that listing is for a different car.

Jinks said:
Enjoyed your introduction!

Quite the ride home.

Pls tell......... Hoodoo? Where does that come from?

Thanks! Indeed, it was quite the adventure. 'Hoodoo' is somewhat of a double entendre. It can refer to a remarkable rock formation or a vision/spectre of sorts. I'm a resident of the west and enjoy spending time in both the mountains and high deserts. I'm also a fan of Credence Clearwater Revival. Their tune, 'Run Through the Jungle', features the term prominently.

Thanks, guys. It was quite the adventure. I'm hoping to keep the car on the road for another couple months. We've had 2+ feet of snow in early October before, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for a mild autumn.

Very nice - congrats. Enjoyed the blog entry! I see you had a VR-4 at one time. I always loved those.

Thanks! Yep, I had red 1991 VR-4. Foolishly, I passed on red over tan 98 with ~60K miles last year. I wanted that car badly, but we just didn't have the room for it. I'm still kicking myself over that one.

Congratulations Hoodoo. It looks like a clean car and a great buy. And your story is very similar to my own. In fact I knew your problem as soon as I read petal was spongy.

We (my 12 yr old son was with me) were lucky that when my M/S cylinder went out, I was able to limp the car into an Acura Dealer in Louisville, KY, that had an NSX tech. It was the same problem, the car sat for a little too long under the previous owner. Anyway, they ordered one from Honda in California and tried to have it overnighted but, the plane had to make an emergency landing for whatever reason and I would be stuck in Louisville for the weekend. No problem though, because the dealer treated me like I had bought the car from them. They helped me with a hotel and gave me a loaner Acura TL and said go explore Kentucky. So, we did. Toured the Louisville Slugger factory, drove down to Bowling Green and toured the Corvette Museum and factory, etc. Then, when I picked up the car, it was washed and we were greeted by some of the local NSX owners who found out about the car being there. What was a stressful ordeal turned into a great adventure for my son and I to share.

I think you made the right decision to drive it back. I have owned two NSXs and drove both home from over 1000 miles away. It's a great adventure, an extremely cool way to travel the country and it's the best way to get to know your car. On both occasions I made a list of things that I wanted to address. Mostly minor squeaks and rattles and maybe some things that needed updated. Now my Orange Unicorn gets driven on weekends, goes on one or two trips over 1000 miles (NSXPOs and to the Florida Keys) every year and to the track for the NSXPO HPDE. I highly recommend going to the NSXPOs. You will be surprised at how tight knit this NSX community is and will make some life long friends. Drive that car and enjoy it. You have some of the best roads in which to enjoy your NSX in the country, I'm jealous.

Last edited:
Knowing those people as I do at Acura Oxmoor, doubt that they would accept that they live in Tennessee and not in Kentucky. :reface: Just an observation. All the best. :smile:

Knowing those people as I do at Acura Oxmoor, doubt that they would accept that they live in Tennessee and not in Kentucky. :reface: Just an observation. All the best. :smile:

Sorry, my memory and geography are good. Just short. And you were one of the nice folks I met there in KENTUCKY. Do you still have both NSXs? Thanks for catching it. Now it's corrected.

Last edited:
@ Lostbuckeye another great story which you always tell so well. Camp fire king of the Nsx! Lol.

@ Lostbuckeye another great story which you always tell so well. Camp fire king of the Nsx! Lol.

Sometimes I feel like Cliff Claven from Cheers. "It's a little known fact..." I had the same thing happen with my S2000 while in a long trip to the Keys. We limped into a Honda Dealer in Davey, Florida. Luckily, S2000 M/S cylinders are more plentiful. So no long weekend there. Just a 3 hr delay while it was repaired. I guess this problem is a Honda thing when they sit too long. Now, let's roast some marshmallows. LOL

Back