• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Illuminated Door Sills

this is expensive, but may be worth the price I modified my order to include this.

Attachments

• 2017_acura_nsx-pic-6516570452886998760-1024x768 (1).jpeg
    2017_acura_nsx-pic-6516570452886998760-1024x768 (1).jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 316
You can get this on the TLX and the RLX...not sure about other models. Ever since I saw one I have always liked them. .

I spec'd it too. I always get it if available and have never had regrets. It's a detail that is fairly prominent every time you get in /out of car.

I think the carbon fiber illuminated door sill, ties into the carbon fiber steering wheel, if ordered. Just enough of interior carbon fiber. I have no exterior carbon fiber.....cost savings.

At $1500 it is price gouging. Then again, I feel that way about most of their accessories. For a high end car, it should simply be included in the MSRP.

At $1500 it is price gouging. Then again, I feel that way about most of their accessories. For a high end car, it should simply be included in the MSRP.
The only accessory I thought was a must have for me was the carbon roof. The wings, splitters, etc... seems like the aftermarket can come up with some better for cheaper at a later time.

My $2 (I spent 2 cents in my last post, this one is longer)

Items that should have been included:
- alcantara headliner
- full aluminum pedals
- navigation & high end audio
- illuminated door sill
- battery charger
- cargo net
- high quality floor & trunk mats
- car cover

Items that are valid options:
- power seats
- full leather power seats
- fancy paint options
- wheel options
- brake/caliper options (currently should offer more paint colors too!)
- exterior/interior carbon fiber stuff
- fancy spoiler
- carbon fiber roof

A carbon roof, without a carbon engine cover looks incomplete......very expensive!

- - - Updated - - -

My friend ordered a Porsche turbo s

Here is the option charge for sills:

25 XXD Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated 1,275.00

^^^^^^^and exhibit A as to why I'm waiting before jumping into the new NSX for a while. The depreciation is likely to be insane, just like on that 12C.

Acura didn't include all the goodies to avoid an MSRP too high issue, they already took crP for the price point

The accessories goose up profit

No way they would pass that up

Ikeda's email blast spoke directly to the level of optioning they are seeing for the coverage units

Early adopters like their toys

- - - Updated - - -

12c depreciation correlates with quality issues and too much supply
NSX will not suffer from these problems

Last edited:
12c depreciation correlates with quality issues and too much supply
MNSX will not suffer from these problems
That's exactly right, plus the fact McLaren has promised a new model(s) each and every year. Good way to piss off current, and alienate potential buyers.

This thread helps me appreciate the power economies of scale. The options at this level are mindblowing.

I just finished studying the options list this guy has on his 12C. He threw the kitchen sink at it and he's not getting the uplift in the resale.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/272351351715
I have had my eye on this car for quite some time. I almost pulled the trigger on it. But I am waiting for disgruntled gen 2 owners to realize their car is not worth 300k or the piss poor waiting list runaround and list them for sale at bargains first.

I only fear the maintenance costs of owning Mclaren. However, I am of 100% English blood so a super car made in Surrey is right up my alley. I do hear it is a bitch getting into that carbon tub though.

I only fear the maintenance costs of owning Mclaren. However, I am of 100% English blood so a super car made in Surrey is right up my alley. I do hear it is a bitch getting into that carbon tub though.
2 words that should strike fear in potential buyers... British Software!

My $2 (I spent 2 cents in my last post, this one is longer)

Items that should have been included:
- alcantara headliner
- full aluminum pedals
- navigation & high end audio
- illuminated door sill
- battery charger
- cargo net
- high quality floor & trunk mats
- car cover

Items that are valid options:
- power seats
- full leather power seats
- fancy paint options
- wheel options
- brake/caliper options (currently should offer more paint colors too!)
- exterior/interior carbon fiber stuff
- fancy spoiler
- carbon fiber roof

I'm sure everyone has a list of options they think should be standard equipment.
However, as Bricks said, there has been lots of criticism on Prime and elsewhere about the high MSRP.
So what's Honda to do?
Include most options as standard and have a higher MSRP?
Or offer the base model as is and let new owners choose the options and price they wish to pay?

Seem to me they chose the right path.
Offered lots of options to let new owners customize their NSX and pay accordingly.

the MSRP is fine - if it is more than just a Honda. The engineering division delivered - it is much more than other Hondas and worthy of its claim to be a high end sports car. The styling department likewise delivered - it is an exotic looking car that can roll with the rest of the $200k cars. The fit and finish though and the nickel & diming is pure budget car.

Headliner - $1300
Aluminum pedals - est. $200
Audio - $3000
Door sills - $1500
Battery charger - $300
Cargo net - $50
Floor mat - $1200
Car cover - $415
TOTAL - $7965

Remove the silly markup of the door sills and floor mat and you are probably more like $6,000. So for a 3-4% reduction they could have included the things that would have made the owner feel like they are stepping in to a top of the line, high quality vehicle rather than "just another Honda". That to me is a poor decision rather than simple cost cutting.

*edit*
sorry to derail the discussion. I totally think that people should opt for the illuminated door sills, they are a classy look that is common in a lot of cars. Just burns me up that you can get the same option for an Acura ILX for $355 whereas they nail you for $1500 when it is in an NSX

Last edited:
Remind me again which competitors in this price range include all these items in the MSRP of the base model...

Their biggest competitor - the Audi R8 V10 base model:
- Black Alcantara headline
- Stainless steel pedals
- MMI® navigation plus with voice control system 2
- MMI® touch with handwriting-recognition technology

and yes - illuminated door sills.

They don't even offer an option for upgraded floor mats or cargo nets, because it is a $200k car and that stuff is just part of what you get when you spend that kind of $$$

Last edited:
Back