• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hollinger Transmission

Hollinger are currently developing a Sequential Transmission package for the NSX
They have an Engine & gearbox and are working on all the components.

I'll keep you posted on price, but it won't be cheap.

Wow, this will be one very serious piece, Though, I cant help thinking their about 10 years too late to make any significant sales on them at this point. Reality being, the sun has long set on the NA-1/2 platform being used in a competitive context (where they'd see see return on the R&D efforts with bulk orders and service). Sure there's the odd enthusiast here and there that will be interested in literally counting down the hours until requiring a pull-a-part service/rebuild. More likely i feel the bulk of NSX still around with owners intent on racing them competitively will be more concerned with fitting them into 'classic' or 'historic series' that likely will require them to race as-was with the h-pattern gear box. Very very cool none the less.

here's an old favourite video on topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKFmBmX4vM

Last edited:
When you say it wont be cheap how much very roughly would you expect it to be?

Also what sort of power are they making it to handle?

The Price is going up due to extra parts required.
I had hoped that they could utilise the OEM Driveshafts & Intermediate shaft to keep the cost down.
But it will need custom Shafts, Outboard & Inboard Joints & Intermediate shaft.

I'm also hoping that a Cast Bellhousing will be available instead of a CNC Billet.

Torque rating is 700nm / 520 Ft,Lb (Endurance events) I'm assuming (I haven't asked yet) that the gears are similar to the EVO version & the Tilton EVO Time attack car has close to 1000HP so it should be strong enough.
I'll keep you posted as I get more information.

Might as well put a B series turbo Honda into the NSX and you can get a super fancy sequential gearbox full 6 speed for 13,000 euro. It is really good. Alright, who want's to buy my C30A CTSC swap? I'm going to do this silly project and make most fellow NSX purists puke. Ha ha.

How much did it set you back?

A Lot.

But if you consider the price of a new 5 or 6 speed with an aftermarket OS Giken Diff & labour to fit the aftermarket diff, WPC coating, polishing gears ect and then rebuilding/replacing it when it blows up. Then the price isn't that bad.
lol right where I'm at...., might have to fly over and check this out when you have her running

We have got our Holinger installed in the NSX and are now making the billet aluminum mounts. Ours is using the air shift kit with a Geartronics ECU to run the transmission.

Attachments

• IMG_5622small.jpg
    IMG_5622small.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_5535small.jpg
    IMG_5535small.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_5536small.jpg
    IMG_5536small.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_5537small.jpg
    IMG_5537small.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_5538small.jpg
    IMG_5538small.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_5539small.jpg
    IMG_5539small.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_5623small.jpg
    IMG_5623small.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_5627small.jpg
    IMG_5627small.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 738
  • Rearlower mount.jpg
    Rearlower mount.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 735
  • LeftUpper mount.jpg
    LeftUpper mount.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 732
Last edited:
Mine is In.
I used OEM Auto Trans LH Engine Mount & OEM RH engine Mount with simple bracket for the Rear.

Attachments

• P1020119.JPG
    P1020119.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 737
  • P1020121.JPG
    P1020121.JPG
    306.5 KB · Views: 734
Back