• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

COP COIL set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the demand from many NSX Prime members i finaly decided to start producing coil sets ! Wires are inside PVC tubing and
quality is like OEM harnes! KIT IS 100% bolt on ! No cutting needed on original harneses ! This was tricky but i find solution for it . Later on it is recomended to conect 12 v power syply to original coil power suply wires using solder/shrink tube for better reability.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/196051-Bosch-cop-coils

No i have tested this coil set in my 1994 NSX about 2500 km. One of best money spend product ! This car is good test bench car goes in one mile top speed 307 kmh (192Mil/h) and it does not need high boost for it !

First five sets $700 USD ! + shipping (USA about $55 USD) . 625€ 0% sales tax . Free shipping to all EU countries.

Send Private mail or e-mail [email protected]

Attachments

• COP301.jpg
    COP301.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 758
  • COPFRONT.jpg
    COPFRONT.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 1,041
Last edited:
That's great...

Would i get a better spark with these?

Are they plug and play? nothing else needed to work?

Do they plug straight in to the igniter on top of the intake manifold?

Do the factory coil covers fit?

Is there a securing bolt or just push fit?

Reserve me first 5 spot, need to see if i can afford a set.

Thanks. :biggrin:

That's great...

Would i get a better spark with these?

Are they plug and play? nothing else needed to work?

Do they plug straight in to the igniter on top of the intake manifold?

Do the factory coil covers fit?

Is there a securing bolt or just push fit?

Reserve me first 5 spot, need to see if i can afford a set.

Thanks. :biggrin:

Yes much better .These coils are good up to 200-250 hp / cylinder ! You will newer run out of spark!
100% Plug and Run . like this >

1.Take OEM plastic covers of F/R
2.Pull out coils
3.Disconect OEM ingniter / (ingnition driver) wires and Ground wire .Take ingniter out . These coils has modern built in ingniter so OEM ingniter is not needed anymore.
4.Instal coils in plug holes . Dont push them down yet.
5.instal COP coil wire set . Conect OEM 6 pin ingniter conector plug to new cop coil wire harnes oem 6 pin plug, Two ground wires to original igniter cround point and six coil power cables on oem coil conectors !
6. Instal cop coil conectors to coils /push coils down using your finger tip
7.Instal special musch room cushions to top plastic covers 3 front low side . 3 high R side . Instal covers
8.Run
KIt comes with detailed instructions , but anybody coud do it !

Now in stock ! Easy instal ! 90-97 NA1.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 614
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:
DSCF0861.jpg
DSCF0860.jpg

Thanks for the great product,

Gary

Attachments

• DSCF0857.jpg
    DSCF0857.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,705
  • DSCF0858.jpg
    DSCF0858.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,695
Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the great product,

Gary

They look so good, almost a shame to put the covers back on.

Nice work and great idea! Will you be working on a set for NA2 applications? I would be willing to order two sets if that is the case.

I went tru all coil wiring and base system are idectical in all NSX . 97-98 on 3 pin coil conector system has device called "spark plug voltage detection module".
This system is watching you coil if there is misfire or not. Part of OBD 2 system. I think any of aftermarket ecus dont have this feature...
If you have aftermarket ecu you woud not need this device! So this AMW COP coil kit fits all years with aftermarket ecus !
If you have NA car OEM coils/sparks system can handle all what you may get out of NA engine.
If it is not working i will return money !
This 6 pin conector is same in all NSX models , This is trigger wire conector from ECU .

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:
I don't see screw, on the OEM coil you have 2 screws.
What do you use ?

Bosch coil weight is 1/4 of OEM . There is rubber on coil what i just trim to make it perfect fit to NSX . Set includes rubber coil stoppers top of coil covers. I have run without them ..coil will stay in place.

Is it confirmed to work properly on OBDII cars 95-05?

It will work with aftermarket ecu. Not with piggy-pack or same style systems. It will start and run even OEM ecu but oem ecu will find bromlem tru OBDII system. AEMseries II instalation is piggypac style instalation on these 96-97-2005 cars . Prime member pegi had this AEM II(sos kit) in his car(97) when he came my shop car did not work. It turn ecu to limb mode and throttle responce was gone. OEM ecu did not seen any coils because AEM was controlling ingnition driver. I placed some resistors to OEM ecu outputs , car run fine ! BUT This Spark plug voltage detection module works only with factory coils. So it will find another spark problem and it will turn MIL on ..what else happens ? i dont know. Disconec SPVDM and test . IF mil comes on who cares
if MIL comes on and you loose throttle it woud not work. There is also ecu systems with cable THR. It will work with this kind system.

Last edited:
I have one of those odd Ecu 95 NSX's. It's now a SOS 3.2 Stroker controlled by the AEM S2. Would your kit be a fit for this application?

I have one of those odd Ecu 95 NSX's. It's now a SOS 3.2 Stroker controlled by the AEM S2. Would your kit be a fit for this application?

Disconect this device :Spark plug voltage detection module . If you get an MIL ( if you still have it ) and car runs OK you can use this product in your car.
If light comes on and you loose Drive By wire ..cant use it.

It will work with aftermarket ecu. Not with piggy-pack or same style systems. It will start and run even OEM ecu but oem ecu will find bromlem tru OBDII system. AEMseries II instalation is piggypac style instalation on these 96-97-2005 cars . Prime member pegi had this AEM II(sos kit) in his car(97) when he came my shop car did not work. It turn ecu to limb mode and throttle responce was gone. OEM ecu did not seen any coils because AEM was controlling ingnition driver. I placed some resistors to OEM ecu outputs , car run fine ! BUT This Spark plug voltage detection module works only with factory coils. So it will find another spark problem and it will turn MIL on ..what else happens ? i dont know. Disconec SPVDM and test . IF mil comes on who cares
if MIL comes on and you loose throttle it woud not work. There is also ecu systems with cable THR. It will work with this kind system.

Very difficult to understand exactly - but I think I get the point - it will not work with 95-up.

No you got it wrong . It may work .

Disconect this device :Spark plug voltage detection module . If you get an MIL ( if you still have it ) and car runs OK you can use this product in your car.
If light comes on and you loose Drive By wire ..cant use it.

- - - Updated - - -

This shoud help ?

Attachments

• DSC_0076.JPG
    DSC_0076.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 521
This product has been in market about 1 1/2 years By now and it is time to update what we have seen so far . -Performance is good , no complains .-Fitmet is exelent -No reported coil issues -Works all ODB 1 cars with aftermarket ecu. -AEM series one has wastespark system . Ecus driver cant take two coils heat build up. NOT for AEM series 1 ecus -HKS F-Con V pro ecu OK it is not piccypack -NOT for any kind of piccypack solutions ..it may work but Bosch coil driver inbuilt circuit protection may find problems -All aftermarket ecu with coil on plug ecu drivers so it means basicly "all".It will work OBD 2 cars also with aftermarket ecu but it all depens what kind of throthle control you have. If it is based on stock ecu ..you may have broblem . Look previous post!

Last edited:
Now you have a strong spark but engine timing problems dont go away with good spark . So we are offering this clever solution. More info coming soon

Attachments

• DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 409
2 or 3 pin coil conector ? Aftermarket or OEM ecu ? I am asking this because there is some different versions in market. Your car it shoud be 2 Pin coil >NA1 DBW
If you have aftermarket ecu and car runs fine it will run with this kit too !

With aftermarket ecu and DBW ( electric throthle ) you need to solve "missing" ingnition drivers sympton anyhow. What is simple .

Last edited:
2018 Price is 610€ > 750 usd . shipping 60 usd

These are final solution for any high horsepower C30 engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back