• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best brake pad upgrade for street driven NSX

yep just emailed them. Dying to get rid of my Hawk HPS pads that do not bite at all.....

unless a company has a specific pad for your year nsx you may have to send them a line tracing of the pad, or with bbk a tracing or just the dimensions....I think Andy Lin of cobalt fame is more into racing but he may still carry some streetable pads for the nsx ....

What do you guys think of this for aggressive street? Project Mu Brake Pads - HC800

I ended up ordering the G-LOC R6 for front and GS-1 for rear..anyone try these before?

.. trying to decide on rotors. I have powerslot x drilled / slotted now so I might just stick with that + cryo

From the discussion here, and my purpose, looks like new OEM pads, fresh fluid and SS brake lines maybe all I need. What say you?

I was getting ready to try our Hawk HPS, but the the conflicted feedback is making be reconsider.

From the discussion here, and my purpose, looks like new OEM pads, fresh fluid and SS brake lines maybe all I need. What say you?

I was getting ready to try our Hawk HPS, but the the conflicted feedback is making be reconsider.

The Hawk HPS aren't much better than stock IMO... I think you'd be ok with stock as long as you're not hammering the crap out of the brakes.

http://www.dbausa.com/4000-series/

Anyone know where I can order these for the NSX? And anyone have experience with these rotors?

Also wondering if their TPS "thermal stability profiling" is the same thing as cryo treatment?

http://www.dbausa.com/4000-series/

Anyone know where I can order these for the NSX? And anyone have experience with these rotors?

Also wondering if their TPS "thermal stability profiling" is the same thing as cryo treatment?

I have these on my car, I believe they do not make them anymore. if you can find a set they are a good rotor

I have these on my car, I believe they do not make them anymore. if you can find a set they are a good rotor

Unfortunately I was only able to find the front rotors in AU and shipping them to US doesn't make sense cost wise..

Unfortunately I was only able to find the front rotors in AU and shipping them to US doesn't make sense cost wise..
yep there is one pair here in NZ and that is all they have left, I have used the other ones they had in stock and they said no more after that

I like Porterfield R4-S, Carbotech Panther Plus, Ferodo DS2500, and Performance Friction "Z-Rated" pads over HPS & HP+.

+1 yep And the G-LOC R6's are the closest thing to the panther plus according to Danny at G-LOC (Former engineer from carbotech)... Getting my new cryo rotors sometime next week so I'll report back on how they perform!

I like Porterfield R4-S, Carbotech Panther Plus, Ferodo DS2500, and Performance Friction "Z-Rated" pads over HPS & HP+.

I liked the ferrodo 2500 as well..but very dusty...I have been enjoying your last recommendation, the pfc-1....dusty but long lasting and holds up well to a track day....for those who don't know I have a brembo bbk up front.

I had the Hawk HP and did not like them. Less bite than factory and they cooked on the track in about 2 laps. Kaz uses EBC Red on his customer cars, as he analogizes it to the factory Honda NSX-R pad. I also had a good experience with the Project Mu HC800 on my GT-R. Both EBC Red and the HC800 are legit street/track pads.

Update: I am using EBC red + SS lines + Motul RBF600 on my 05 Civic Si track build and like the combo very much. I am planning to do the same to my NSX.

I quite like the StopTech, i find them better than the HPS which is fine for a normally driven car but i find them lacking bite at higher temperatures.
Completely agree with this. I put the StopTech pads on my S2000 thinking they wouldn't work, but what the heck, they're cheap and it's worth a shop; well, they do work! Granted, I don't drive that car super hard, but there is no way HPS would stand up to my driving.

Completely agree with this. I put the StopTech pads on my S2000 thinking they wouldn't work, but what the heck, they're cheap and it's worth a shop; well, they do work! Granted, I don't drive that car super hard, but there is no way HPS would stand up to my driving.
For street use they're fine indeed, i can easily heatsoak the HPS on the street

Amended my previous post - I'm using HP+ pads, not HPS.

Unfortunately, haven't driven my car since I last posted end of Oct (damn you, snow!) but I maintain that the HP+ is a good pad. MUCH better than the StopTech Street Performance pads which I found bit less than stock, even after a brake fluid flush w/ Motul RBF600.

I finally got my new G-LOC Pads and slotted & Drilled rotors installed... man what a huge difference! These pads are sick! No noise and insane BITE!

I had the Hawk HP and did not like them. Less bite than factory and they cooked on the track in about 2 laps. Kaz uses EBC Red on his customer cars, as he analogizes it to the factory Honda NSX-R pad. I also had a good experience with the Project Mu HC800 on my GT-R. Both EBC Red and the HC800 are legit street/track pads.

When I removed my Hawk HPS pads the rears were cooked as well....... POS pads... but LOVING the new G-LOC R6 pads!

Which G-Loc pads you suggest for spirited driving not track? or HPS?

I have XP10/X8 on my track miata, but noise and squeek is not acceptable for regular ride.

thanks

Which G-Loc pads you suggest for spirited driving not track? or HPS?

I have XP10/X8 on my track miata, but noise and squeek is not acceptable for regular ride.

thanks

The HPS are terrible pads even for street use... I have the G-LOC R6 in front and the GS1 pads in the rear... no noise as far as I can tell. You can order them pre-bedded which is what I did and they bite like no tomorrow even when cold... really impressed.

Back