• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best brake pad upgrade for street driven NSX

Hawk now has two (or three?) HPS compounds, a street and a race: http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance-street/pads/hps-race

I just ordered the "HPS Race" for the NSX. No idea when I'll put them on and try them, but I will update this thread with my impressions after I do. My guess is that they'll last about three laps and be done, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise me.

The HPS are terrible pads even for street use... I have the G-LOC R6 in front and the GS1 pads in the rear... no noise as far as I can tell. You can order them pre-bedded which is what I did and they bite like no tomorrow even when cold... really impressed.

I will probably go with R6 on the front and GS1 on rear.

How is it with the noise and dust? I have R10/R8 on my other car and its very noisy.

Thanks

The HPS are terrible pads even for street use... I have the G-LOC R6 in front and the GS1 pads in the rear... no noise as far as I can tell. You can order them pre-bedded which is what I did and they bite like no tomorrow even when cold... really impressed.

I have the HPS pads and completely disagree. They're great street pads for everyday driving. I have them both on my NSX and Mazdaspeed3. The HPS offers, low dust, no noise and longevity. Great for the occasional quick stop but won't hold up to track duty for more than 3 laps.
For the track I run the Carbotech XP10 and XP8s which are fantastic.

I think it is worth noting that there are now three HPS compounds: HPS, HPS 5.0, and HPS Racing. I believe most people are referring to the original HPS when they claim it's not a good track compound; and they're probably correct.

The HPS Racing compound has the same stats at the DTC-30 racing compound, and as I understand it, is the same; so it should be suited to the track.

HPS 5.0 looks to be an improvement on the original HPS.

Do let us know what you think [MENTION=8044]enkrypt3d[/MENTION].

LOVING the GLOC R6 and GS1 pads with these rotors... amazing stopping power with very little dusting and noise... now and then I hear a faint squeak but it doesn't bother me. I have yet to really push them very far though. Highly recommended.

LOVING the GLOC R6 and GS1 pads with these rotors... amazing stopping power with very little dusting and noise... now and then I hear a faint squeak but it doesn't bother me. I have yet to really push them very far though. Highly recommended.

G-Loc does great work. I run them on my B-SPEC Honda Fit as well. But I don't give much mind to noise and dust on that car. :)

What did you end up going with? I'm looking for similar. .no track. .just occasional street day to day use. . do not want noise on my 1991.

I love my g-loc brake pads. They are amazing!

What did you end up going with? I'm looking for similar. .no track. .just occasional street day to day use. . do not want noise on my 1991.

Factory pads, stoptech ss brake lines, fresh motul 600 fluid :)

What are good rotors to go with? Not for racing. .just drive around town type of car.
OEM rotors are pretty capable for non-track use.

My problem is that rotors are very hard to come by for my 1991 nsx. Looking for aftermarket rotors and pads which will work with my stock calipers. Not racing stuff. .just for my everyday drive around town nsx.

Do you live in the US? Any generic rotor works great (i.e., Raysbestos or Centric). I’ve gotten them for $30/ea at times. I used them on track without any issue.

Back