• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Header Guidance Please: Stock 1995 manifold going to OEM 1997 Headers...

I understand there may be an issue with the O2 sensor placement on the front bank (and therefore an extension is required). The rear should match up fine.

Am using OEM cats and a different exhaust (those exhaust adapters have already been sourced and the exhaust is on the car.)

My questions are:
* Is there a longer-wired O2 sensor I can put on the front bank so as NOT to use a connector?
* Would there be any reason to not put 00+ OEM headers on (besides the 2cm/ 3/4" difference in front to rear length)?
* Will the headers hit the main beam (or anything else for that matter)?
* Is the other O2 sensor going to be an issue for me placement-wise?
* Is there anything I am not considering here?

To run through the current setup again, I have a 1995 with stock manifolds mated to a Tubi exhaust. The cats are still in place as are the O2 sensors. I have no desire to delete any O2 sensors or to run test pipes.

My goal is simply to bolt on a set of 1997-99 OEM headers. I have a spare set of 00+ headers I could use, but I know that they rear bank is shy a bit and if left unadjusted, will make the exhaust sit at an angle (best-case.)

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
I have a 91 that I installed a set of OEM 98 headers on. I also used 98 cats with adapters to a 91 style exhaust.

The stock 91 O2 sensor wires ARE too short, on both front and rear. I made my extensions from O2 sensor harnesses from vehicles in a salvage yard. If I remember right, one of them is quite short, like 3 or 4 inches and the other is 8 or 10 inches. The shield that protects the front sensor requires a little sheet metal work to continue to be used. Enough on the O2 sensors.
I had to change the rear sway bar also. This is probably because I used the 98 cats. That's the excuse I used to put on a NSX-R rear sway bar. I really like the setup.
That's about it.
Brad

Last edited:
Greetings,
I have a 91 that I installed a set of OEM 98 headers on. I also used 98 cats with adapters to a 91 style exhaust.

The stock 91 O2 sensor wires ARE too short, on both front and rear. I made my extensions from O2 sensor harnesses from vehicles in a salvage yard. If I remember right, one of them is quite short, like 3 or 4 inches and the other is 8 or 10 inches. The shield that protects the front sensor requires a little sheet metal work to continue to be used. Enough on the O2 sensors.
I had to change the rear sway bar also. This is probably because I used the 98 cats. That's the excuse I used to put on a NSX-R rear sway bar. I really like the setup.
That's about it.
Brad

Thank you for the feedback, Brad.

Back