• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Race Ramps Flat Stoppers

Not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but here goes.

My NSX gets parked up for around 3 months per year in a basement garage, which is dry, dark and not too cold. I don't have a lift, and due to the odd shape, the car has to be slalomed in to it's resting space. I have crude wooden blocks to stop me reversing too far (did I mention that I have to reverse in to the garage?), so I have been looking for a product that will both prevent flat-spotting and let me know that I'm in the right spot. I found this website:

http://www.raceramps.com/

which has these:

RRFS.jpg

and these:

RRFS10.jpg

I have standard 16"F & 17"R wheels

Does anyone have any experience of them, or anything similar?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Never seen these before. Great idea to combine a parking guide/stop with a way to prevent flat spotting your tires. However you only have two size options. Seems these are only a half thought out product. Meaning they should provide the radius of the curve and various options to match various tire sizes. Looks like they have width covered by offering regular and wide. But without a true fit to tire curve you go from flat spotting a tire to having two pressure points on tire if it's not perfectly cradled or still flat spotting if the radius is to big.

i have these but admittedly have yet to use them. i think it will still help since it does have some cradle, it has more give than your typical garage floor, and insulates the tires from the cold floor. would be awesome if they made different versions to accommodate different tire sizes.

You might want to consider this product as an alternative. Modern tires really aren't prone to flat spotting, you simply need to inflate your tires to near the maximum. The product I've listed acts as a stop and places a thin rubber section underneath to reduce moisture exposure. Even a couple of small carpet squares will do the same thing if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.

http://www.raceramps.com/pro-stop.aspx

You might want to consider this product as an alternative. Modern tires really aren't prone to flat spotting, you simply need to inflate your tires to near the maximum. The product I've listed acts as a stop and places a thin rubber section underneath to reduce moisture exposure. Even a couple of small carpet squares will do the same thing if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.

http://www.raceramps.com/pro-stop.aspx

Good find. These are a fraction of the cost and can be snapped together for extra wide racing slicks. I agree with you on methods. High inflation and carpet squares are the cheap yet effective solution. And for a cheap parking warning, a tennis ball hanging from a string works in a pinch.

Back