• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

South Dakota NSX Owners

Hi. I moved to Pierre, South Dakota, and recently purchased an older model NSX. Any NSX owners in South Dakota? Any auto repair shops that're recommended for NSX owners who wants to modify or fix issues? Thank you!

Eric

Welcome.... im from ND but ive had a few friends mod their cars (CTSV, FRS, Supra, etc) at Excessive in Souix Falls and some have had mixed success. IMO if you want to mod or maintain your car maybe you should head to Minneapolis.... i was recommended inline x in minnie but i haven't taken mine there yet.

Thanks for the info! I'll go to Minnie but want to try Sioux Falls first since it's closer to Pierre. Do you remember which places they took to in Sioux Falls? I need AC system installed. Don't know why the previous owner took it all out. Possible that the owner before him took it out to lighten up the car for racing or something.

Excessive in souix falls is the only shop i know of in SF.... and like i said earlier it has mixed reviews. My friends CTS-V has problems starting.... it will fire right up... idle for about 2 seconds then die.... he does this 2-3 maybe 4 times then the car is fine. They think its a bad flex fuel sensor... and he needs to take it there to have it looked at. Another friend had them turbo and tune his FRS... the car was great, no issues. Then another guy i know had his supra there for 2 years.... and it makes 1000 hp. He got it back and 2 months later hes got either a flywheel issue or a loose crank... better hope its not the crank. I would avoid them if i were you.

Last edited:
Im on the look out for a shop myself.... and i was told R Motors and Full Blown in Minneapolis are great with NSX's... im going to message them now.

Im on the look out for a shop myself.... and i was told R Motors and Full Blown in Minneapolis are great with NSX's... im going to message them now.

I was going to suggest full blown earlier. I have been going there for years. My friends and family also go there with all of their toys as well. Would not hesitate to take any of my toys there for anything

I was fortunate enough to reach out to NSX experts and combine my team of domestic sports car techs with NSX techs. Thus, this 1992, Berlina Black, salvage title car, was rebuilt. This car is now perfect and practically new! Running a few tests on the track!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160921_121509.jpg
    20160921_121509.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 34
Back