• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97 NSX tries to keep with purpose built race car at Willow Springs 9-11-16

I tried to keep up with a purpose built race car this past weekend. I did OK for a while, and my car is set up well enough to have kept up with the race car longer, especially in the hands of a more experienced driver, but this was my first track day running Toyo RA1's and I did not yet know the limits of the tires, and I did not want to find out at willow Springs, particularly at turns 8 and 9!

Click on link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8KWnwRpG98

what on earth was that contraption?:confused:

what on earth was that contraption?:confused:

I think its a heavily modified Porsche Boxer?

That car has participated in many of the AROSC events that I have been to. They show up at AROSC events because I think I heard that the driver(s) of that car have been banned by many of the local commercial time trail sponsoring companies, due to unsafe driving incidents, but I'm not positive on that. There are at least two drivers, an older gentleman and someone more capable. I'm faster that the older guy, but obviously not as fast as the guy driving the car in the video. I'll check the car out the next time I see it, and find out more about the car.

Anyway, I'll see you at NSXPO

lol it looked like a veloster:eek:

Sorry to show you up Mario but here is our own DocJohn hanging with David Reutimann at Watkins Glen:

i-cZHJPDt-X2.jpg

i-JzmsQW7-X2.jpg

i-CLf3fpp-X2.jpg

thanks for the props Bob...but his hp easily walked me on the back straight..but it was fun to watch his car move around and his constant steering corrections in the twiddly bits :cool:

Sorry to show you up Mario but here is our own DocJohn hanging with David Reutimann at Watkins Glen:

i-cZHJPDt-X2.jpg

i-JzmsQW7-X2.jpg

i-CLf3fpp-X2.jpg

Bob, I'm not in the same league as DocJohn, same age maybe, but definitely not nearly as experienced. I have been tracking my car for about 20 months, and I have a lot to learn, but I have good coaching from Track Addict, fantastic words of wisdom from COZ, and a day at the Spring Mountain HPDE during NSXPO 2010 in Las Vegas, with the one and only Billy Johnson in my passenger seat! But even with all of the above, I'm a DNF compared to DocJohn LOL

Back