• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[Limited] - QUAD Bi-Xenon HID upgrade. Let's make pop-ups sexy again.

Arc-Light QUAD - Bi-Xenon HID Upgrade

a5uaUx1.jpg

(4) Bi-Xenon Projectors :: 5500k :: 35w :: Low Beam

It has been a year since we first became vendors and introduced our LED kits and seeing that it's our anniversary it is almost fitting to introduce another exciting product for our NSX - The QUAD Bi-Xenon HID kit.

Now this upgrade is not your average HID retrofit where you buy a kit and install bulbs. It also is not a hand made kit where a retrofitter uses copious amounts of glue/bondo to fit a set of projectors. Lastly, this isn't a chop kit where you have to permanently modify the glass lens, head light housings, etc, etc. This is a Arc-Light kit... a 100% engineered... 100% reversible (but why would you?)....OEM quality solution and here's what we did.

P4r9j4b.jpg

(2) Bi-Xenon Projectors mounted in OEM head light housing on machined brackets

We took the 4 of the best available projectors on market - Morimoto Mini 7.0 - and designed in CAD 4 unique projector mounting brackets that mount inside the OEM head lamp assembly that uses absolutely no glue and still retains the OEM projector shroud for the OEM look.

UddAR3U.png

3D Model Lens - Production will be 100% Optically Clear Lens via Injection Mold

ZzBIhCU.jpg

Prototype Lens for testing. This is not a production piece

Next we 3D modeled in CAD a new clear lens to replace the OEM fluted glass lens. Why? Because without a clear lens any lighting upgrade done for the NSX would produce light flares through the OEM glass and blind oncoming traffic.

cvxAkat.jpg

Prototype Lens for testing installed onto NSX

Put all of these together you have one of the absolute best (quite possibly THE best) lighting upgrade available on the market today.

Now here's how ordering/delivery will work.

Due to multiple tooling/injection mold/setup costs as well as the amount of coordination required I will have a hard limit of ---25 KITS --- and it is very VERY unlikely I will make more. Also, I will be ordering 10 pairs of EXTRA lenses that will remain in my possession for those who get cracked lenses due to road debris. Installation is included but this kit can EASILY be installed at home with basic tools.

With all of that said the price for the kit will be $2099 + s/h. It includes
-(4) Morimoto Mini 7.0 BiXenon Projectors
-(4) 35w 5500K HID Bulb/Ballast
-(4) Projector TO NSX headlight bucket brackets with hardware
-(2) Injection molded lenses
-(1) Head Light Sealant
-(1) Complete wiring kit

**For those who want to source your own components OR possibly go with (2) BiXenon projectors please PM me for price.

If interested please PM me. A $100 non/refundable deposit will be required. Orders will be processed in first come first serve. Also we have already reached at least 10 committed orders at this time and I would like to get 5 more to be able to commit 100% to this project due to high tooling costs (especially considering injection molds are very pricey). Let's make this happen!

FAQ

Is there a discount for your customers who purchased your products?
-Unfortunately due to the limited nature of this product and high R&D costs associated to it there will not be a discount.

How long will these be available?
-We have committed to make 25 sets available at this time.

If my lens becomes damaged due to road debris what are my options?
-We will have 10 extra sets available for purchase in the event your lens becomes damaged.

What is your installation turn around time?
-Installs are included and must be scheduled with us. Once we relieved your lights we will complete the retrofit no longer than 5 business days once we receive your lights.

Are any permanent modifications made?
-Aside from holes in the dust caps to run ballast wires as well as a small 4mm hole in the head light housing. Everything is 100% reversible

Can individual components be purchased?
-Please PM us for details.

What is the warranty?
-No warranty is provided on manufactured parts, however, the HID components do come with a standard 3 year warranty available though our suppliers.

Are the old stock lenses completely removed and replace with the injection molded lenses?
-Due to the easy access design and serviceability of these lights and to keep costs down we decided to limit the warranty to 1 year. For any issues that occur after one year we will happily repair and replace any component at cost.

Are these lights DOT approved?
-No. These lights are not DOT approved and can only be used off-road.

Can these be installed ourselves?
-Yes. These kits are quite easy to install.

MEDIA/IMAGES

52YgXgu.jpg

Passenger:: Stock Halogen Driver:: OFF

r4aXFLw.jpg

Passenger:: Stock Halogen Driver:: (2) Bi-Xenon 35w 5500k HIDs

yraLEBD.jpg

Passenger:: Stock Halogen Driver:: (2) Bi-Xenon 35w 5500k HIDs

EscHYlF.jpg

a5uaUx1.jpg

LtPaNY7.jpg

(4) Bi-Xenon Projectors :: 5500k :: 35w :: High Beam

Last edited:
Not there's no need to do 02 plus conversion,

That is a lot of extra light and it looks great.

Can you insert a collimater or something like that to reduce the glare off the road though? You'll have a significant gain in distance vision if your pupils won't have to contract due to the glare. That's one of the reasons why people shouldn't drive around at night with their foglights on illuminating the road near their car (unless you need it of course going off road or something like that).

Keep up the good work!

Dave

I love the products you represent. Cant wait to see these in their final form.
Thanks much!

Not there's no need to do 02 plus conversion,
Never wanted to do the 02 myself. So many more options with the Pre 02s :)

That is a lot of extra light and it looks great.

Can you insert a collimater or something like that to reduce the glare off the road though? You'll have a significant gain in distance vision if your pupils won't have to contract due to the glare. That's one of the reasons why people shouldn't drive around at night with their foglights on illuminating the road near their car (unless you need it of course going off road or something like that).

Keep up the good work!

Dave
Updated the post with more details. Shouldn't need it as the projectors were not aimed too well last time :)

is there a discount on pricing if we're not taking advantage of the free installation?

is there a discount on pricing if we're not taking advantage of the free installation?
Unfortunately not as I'm offering free installs with the purpose of bringing in more customers to help offset the injection mold costs. Roughly each mold is costing a bit over $12k and I need a total of two since each lens is unique.

will this work with RHD cars?
Yes. The projectors are also available for RHD cars

I know space may be an issue, but are you able to fit Apollo shrouds on to make it more aesthetically pleasing? I know the shrouds in there are fine, but I like the look of the apollo since I have that on my Honda Fit.

Unfortunately not as I'm offering free installs with the purpose of bringing in more customers to help offset the injection mold costs. Roughly each mold is costing a bit over $12k and I need a total of two since each lens is unique.

Thanks! I just realized that we ship the lights to you for installation, not sure why I thought one would have to bring the car itself in. Am I correct to assume that you will return all stock parts (glass etc) along with the completed retrofit?

Also, can you PM me pricing for a dual bi-xenon retrofit instead of quad? Thanks!

I know space may be an issue, but are you able to fit Apollo shrouds on to make it more aesthetically pleasing? I know the shrouds in there are fine, but I like the look of the apollo since I have that on my Honda Fit.
I don't think they make Apollo's for the Mini H1. However, I do have some shrouds... with Halos... and yea. While I haven't tried fitment yet I think they might just fit. My only hesitation in doing this is the sound of sharpened pitchforks and burning kerosene soon after I post the photos.

Thanks! I just realized that we ship the lights to you for installation, not sure why I thought one would have to bring the car itself in. Am I correct to assume that you will return all stock parts (glass etc) along with the completed retrofit?

Also, can you PM me pricing for a dual bi-xenon retrofit instead of quad? Thanks!
Great question. Everything and anything removed will be returned - (4) OEM projectors. (16) Projector screws. (2) Lenses. (4) Halogen Bulbs. As for price it'll be around $400 off the price but I'll have a better price in a few days.... because...

Someone... suggested why not go with 55w HIDs. As a result I'm modifying the projector bracket design to include some CNC'd heat sinks :)

Back