• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX: Nice test on beautiful Italian Roads

I saw this a while back on YouTube, thoroughly enjoyed it!

Were you in a mountain pass for the video? Love the scenery, though I'm more partial to my parent's homeland, down in Campagnia. :)

Fabulous car, congratulations.

Very cool review, and he touches on all the salient points of the car.

At 12 minutes in he brings up the cast iron exhaust manifolds on the early cars, something that is missed by so many as absolutely an intended restriction in the system to keep the power to agreed-upon levels at the time!

Incredible scenery, too ;^D

Wow that was great!
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/61bf1408/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

I had not seen this before. Thanks for sharing. This review is another example of why most car guys don't understand our cult like love for the NSX. That is until they actually drive one. It's only then that they find out what we've all known for 25 years. And even by today's standards the old car still stands out among the best exotics in the world.

Great video. Beautiful landscape, good camera work and a good commentator. I actually learned some things I never knew.

Very well done. I have to watch it again, and check out the scenery better. I hope they at least got you a new set of rear tires patatina.:encouragement:

Some Pictures from that day
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX1.jpg
    NSX1.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 332
  • NSX2.jpg
    NSX2.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 332
  • NSX3.jpg
    NSX3.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 334
  • NSX4.jpg
    NSX4.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 333
some more

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX5.jpg
    NSX5.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 332
  • NSX6.jpg
    NSX6.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 334
  • NSX7.jpg
    NSX7.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 334
  • NSX8.jpg
    NSX8.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 330
The location of the video is Campo Imperatore, in the Gran Sasso National Park, Umbria
The place is about 80 miles from Rome.
the Umbria Region is characteristic for the medieval towns, and the landscape
Winter is cold, but the summer is beautiful, even if the weather changes rapidly from sun, windy, rain, then sun again in a single day, a typical mountain climate.
Campo Imperatore is the location of some movie like Ladyhawke and The Name of the Rose
In some parts of the roads, there is still the original tarmac of 1920es (gray / orange color), the same tarmac where Tazio Nuvolari raced with his Alfa Romeo...for me is inspiring

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX9.jpg
    NSX9.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 295
  • NSX10.jpg
    NSX10.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 296
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 23
  • gransasso11g.jpg
    gransasso11g.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 296
  • asisi.jpg
    asisi.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Awesome, simply awesome! The exhaust sounds fantastic! What kind is it? I'm envious that you have such beautiful roads to drive on. The only other thing I would need is a bicycle rack for the NSX and I would be in heaven!

thanks for the compliments
I mounted headers by DC header , the exhaust is custom made using a stainless universal muffler and sport cat to improve the flow. The flows of the two heads remain separate
not only the sound but also the result on Dyno is satisfying

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Schermata 2017-01-08 alle 02.20.39.jpg
    Schermata 2017-01-08 alle 02.20.39.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Schermata 2017-01-08 alle 02.15.33.jpg
    Schermata 2017-01-08 alle 02.15.33.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Schermata 2017-01-08 alle 02.18.12.jpg