• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauge Cluster Lights

Hey guys all the needles on my gauge cluster are nearly impossible to see. I just had all the bulbs replaced so I know they're all brand new. Is there a bulb that shines down onto the gauge faces? Or are the needles illuminated? I can't remember. Thanks!

Hey guys all the needles on my gauge cluster are nearly impossible to see. I just had all the bulbs replaced so I know they're all brand new. Is there a bulb that shines down onto the gauge faces? Or are the needles illuminated? I can't remember. Thanks!
There are two bulbs that shine down to illuminate the needles only. If the gauge dials are dim I would say the cluster might need to go to [MENTION=7588]Briank[/MENTION].

yea I just had all the bulbs replaced but i guess these were missed. so it's nearly impossible to see the needles at night. and the whole thing is pretty dim already.

- - - Updated - - -

There are two bulbs that shine down to illuminate the needles only. If the gauge dials are dim I would say the cluster might need to go to [MENTION=7588]Briank[/MENTION].

how would I go about replacing those bulbs? Do I have to remove the entire cluster to get to them? Assuming I do.......

yea I just had all the bulbs replaced but i guess these were missed. so it's nearly impossible to see the needles at night. and the whole thing is pretty dim already.

- - - Updated - - -

how would I go about replacing those bulbs? Do I have to remove the entire cluster to get to them? Assuming I do.......

Yes, the cluster has to come out. See number 8 on this diagram. Those are the bulbs you need. They are tiny.
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...exhaust-heater-fuel-cat/meter-components-scat

Yes, that one. I never needed to remove any plastic trim from my steering column to remove my cluster though.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the bulbs are 33 on the diagram not 8 like I said before. Been awhile since I changed mine.

...not to hijack the thread but....

Is it possible to update the gauge cluster lights?
The 'red' glow is a bit dated, I'd like to make them brighter.

...not to hijack the thread but....

Is it possible to update the gauge cluster lights?
The 'red' glow is a bit dated, I'd like to make them brighter.

From what I understand the light bulbs are not standard so it'd be a bit tricky.... and yea I wish there was a solution for this as well.

Back