• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do these work well together? 225/45/17 285/30/18

I am from the UK so tire choices are limited.

I think Toyo has dropped the 235/40/17 in the R888 but i can get 225/45/17

Is a 225 upfront going to work with a 285 up rear?

The car is turbocharged hence the wider tire choice.

Alternatively i can get AD08's all round in the 235/40/17 285/30/18 config but they are allot more money.

Short answer is no.

If you want more grip then don't go with wider tires, go with something stickier.

If you are going with the Yokohamas then go with 285/35R18

Last edited:
I can get the AD08R's in the above sizes, guess that would be the answer?

From what i can make out the AD08R is better than a R888 but not the newer R888r's

However R888r's rate really badly in the wet so perhaps the AD08R is the best all rounder?

- - - Updated - - -

Short answer is no.

If you want more grip then don't go with wider tires, go with something stickier.

If you are going with the Yokohamas then go with 285/35R18

35? you would choose a 35 profile over a 30? Might give a few more options.

Last edited:
I had the original R888s and from what I can remember they are a bit wider than most other tires in the same size, the NSX's wheel well isn't large enough to comfortably accommodate tires this large unless you have aftermarket fenders with no fender liners and this will be a race car where you won't worry about keeping the TCS happy.

In order to keep a proper size ratio between the front and rears I would go with 285/35R18 for the rears if you are going with 235/40R17 for the fronts.

[MENTION=23300]jaffaz32[/MENTION], don't you have a standalone ECU? If so, all you care about if whether the tire fits in the fenders, right? What wheel sizes?

@jaffaz32, don't you have a standalone ECU? If so, all you care about if whether the tire fits in the fenders, right? What wheel sizes?

I am running the Infinity ecu, that is right. Need them to fit with minimum - Zero rub.

I went with a 17x8 / 18x10

- - - Updated - - -

I had the original R888s and from what I can remember they are a bit wider than most other tires in the same size, the NSX's wheel well isn't large enough to comfortably accommodate tires this large unless you have aftermarket fenders with no fender liners and this will be a race car where you won't worry about keeping the TCS happy.

In order to keep a proper size ratio between the front and rears I would go with 285/35R18 for the rears if you are going with 235/40R17 for the fronts.

Thanks.

The 235/40/17 currently installed are Z2's and i do get slight rub on full lock but it's bearable.

225/45 too tall for front

Last edited:
Back