• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Things I didn't know I would love about my Gen 2 NSX

Well I knew the car would get attention. But not necessity like this... and so quickly.

This past Sunday I took my new '17 NSX (delivered 10/ 14 , (which I placed deposit to order long ago in June 2013) to my annual (Nissan) Z club end of year outing in Darien CT. Every one in the club wanted to Zee it so I had to follow up.On drive home on I 95 North in Rocky Hill/ Cromwell area a group of 4 Rice/Crotch Rocket bikers came up quickly from behind and quickly slowed down as they approached my car and gave thumbs up.
Then They all started doing videos and hung around for awhile..
The attached link was sent to me by a guy at my dealers who is friends with the lead guy who shot this.
This lead guy had his camera facing forward (same as his line of site) while other angled theirs. Some how he managed to drive safely while keeping car in frame. Crazy for sure , but something cool for me to share now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPduofYHKx4

I have to think if I was in any other car like a Porsche, BMW, M/B,Ferraari, etc.. this would not have happened.
Being different from the norm or what others think is desirable has its benefits.

After you get used to Sport+, don't be afraid of "Track" mode on the street where safe to do so. Noticeable increase in responsiveness and brutality of acceleration.

My only problem with Sport+ is that it never fully "relaxes" when cruising and, after a quick squirt of speed, it holds the low gear for too long. I find myself feeling bad for the car working too hard and twisting up from Sport to Sport+ for a quick burst and then twisting back down to Sport when I finish my safe and legal passing maneuver. :smile:

I wish Sport+ were just as eager on the throttle mapping and downshifts, but still cruised in 9th gear and reverted to "mellow mode" faster after bursts of speed.

I've only had mine out 5 times so far including initial drive home. But most were fairly long drives so I'm over 1 kmi now. Most were with my wife as shotgun so I was respectful of her fears/concerns and drove "fairly" conservative. Plus I figured doing a bit more typical break in can't hurt whether or not needed. As such, I have to say impressions to date totally agree with your assessment. I was actually thinking of posting similar thoughts after some more seat time so you have saved me the effort.

II have yet to try Track due to how it drops and restrains up-shifts in S+. But I will try soon. Major home projects have not allowed much Q time with the car.
It would be nice, and I'm sure not that difficult, to enable some personal tweaking of the drive modes. Maybe they can offer that later on, and if concerned of abuse, enable it through the dealers tech doing the settings within authorized parameters.

I have spent a reasonable amount of miles in Quiet just to try it on cruising back roads and it was fine. Most of the time has been in Sport and I find it a perfect blend for long rides... comfort, and enjoyable due to seating and listening to iPod (in glove box) tunes. And these two modes are perfect when the bride is passenger. She likes the car overall and especially those modes SO much more than my GT-R, and I get that. There was one time when I pulled up to a light along side a couple in a C7 Z06. We (drivers) looked at each other. So I told my wife I'm bumping up the mode to S+ and might take off a little aggressively. Woo Hoo was that fun, but only for a short time. Shortly after take off, she started screaming and I mean loudly. SO I slowed quickly and asked what happened. She said it REALLY hurt her chest and I better not repeat it. I was a bit confused as I have done similar in past with GT-R w/o that result. We then realized it was probably due to not so long ago surgery (colostomy reversal) she had.

What I have also found in my limited driving is that the GPS is out of date. I've been on a few highways in N/E where the exits have recently changed numbering to coincide with miles from one end, as is becoming more common now. But some I was on were changed over a year ago and the GPS didn't know that. So we are with out-dated data base / software... on a brand new halo/statement 2017 vehicle! It also had some stret names wrong. I certainly hope we will all be entitled to a free upgrade once ACURA catches with the times!

Another quirk I've noticed in such little driving. Unfortunately we can't (yet?) have very much of what is on our iPhones link to the screen via Car Play. One which really bugs me is not being able to have Waze there. So I'm driving along and testing/listening to FM (which sounds OK on HDs or strong channels but does not get anywhere near the reception my '05 RL gets). I had an iPod in glove box so iPhone is plugged in to the rear plug to keep charged since I'm running Waze for any notifications. So I'm driving and listening to FM tunes, and Waze warns me of an accident and traffic delay up ahead. Interestingly, it muted the tunes and comes through the cars speakers and tunes resume. However, I soon realize I'm not listening to what I was. The music playing is now from some of the reinstalled ones on my iPhone ( I haven't loaded it yet). Not sure why so I go to the audio controls and hit FM again. Don't you know the next time Waze comes in, it switches off FM again to phone tunes.... and again and again. So Car Play has a few hic cups to be resolved it seems. I just realized now I can't recall if same happened after a phone call but think it did switch of FM after that too. Not not certain though. Perhaps other owners will note such quirks an post them. I have advised my dealers NSX rep of the above. They can't fix what they are not informed of needing fixing. So others should do same as they uncover issues.

gleibig;[URL="tel:1919405" said:
1919405[/URL]]That's why I love my Gen1. Waze never interrupts my cassette and switches it to side two. :tongue:

Ya know
Come to think of it, I have seen same immunity with my '02 Gen 1. Today in fact!

Back