• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dan's Simple Build Thread -- Nothing fancy to see here

Hello guys!

Incremental updates -- hoping I can get more in as the weather gets better. Just got the car back from paint:

H5jcwBD.jpg

82tNJwe.jpg

93CnGks.jpg

j2TMWbG.jpg

For those asking about how the carpet is holding up, I've got some updated photos! Please excuse how dusty the carpet is -- it came straight from the shop so it's a bit messy. Still very black though:

bkkeEC6.jpg

0Soo8KI.jpg

...more to come.

Well, I've got some bad news...

Car is at the shop for what was supposed to be a quick spray for the front end, and then I got a call from the shop today. Someone hit me in their parking lot:

vgIXfs2l.jpg

F4bjk7El.jpg

TuZpsstl.jpg

7CWKM62l.jpg

Apparently someone who works next door backed their truck into it and ran off. Luckily, they found the video footage from the lot cameras and confronted the guy. He denied doing it, and then was told they had video evidence in which he fessed up. The shop says they are working with him to figure out how to proceed (if by insurance or out of pocket?); I told them to let me know ASAP.

My only fear is that if there is extensive damage beyond the fender, which they really won't know until they pull it apart. The spoiler seems to have cracked as well on that side.

If this is through the person's insurance, the last thing I'd want is for them to give me a salvage title out of this or something. I'm really hoping it's just the fender and nothing else was affected.

I'm also hoping that this gets resolved without a hitch. It's super depressing not having been able to drive the car all winter and now that there is finally a break in the weather, this happens. First world problems, I guess.

More to come as I find out...

Last edited:
Holy shit are you KIDDING ME?! Duuuuude. That is heartbreaking! Fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated.

WOW the interior updates look awesome!! i love the seats especially!

sorry to hear the recent hit tho :(

Thanks man!

Yeah it sucks. So for some REALLY BAD NEWS...his insurance company is giving me the run around mostly because he's not cooperating with them. He's liable for sure, but they won't tell me if the car is covered under them or not "pending investigation".

They really won't give me a direct answer what I'm supposed to do. They keep telling me just to make my insurance cover it, pay the deductible and let them handle getting that deductible back from the person who hit me, which sounds ridiculous!

Technically I don't NEED the car fixed ASAP, but the shop doesn't even want to touch it until it's been seen by an adjuster and they know it's getting covered somehow.

Not sure if I should just get my lawyer involved or patiently wait for them to potentially deny my claim. It's clear there is a policy for this car with them or it would have been: Sorry not us, have a great day.

I really don't know what else they need to know. Ridiculous.

Thanks man!

Yeah it sucks. So for some REALLY BAD NEWS...his insurance company is giving me the run around mostly because he's not cooperating with them. He's liable for sure, but they won't tell me if the car is covered under them or not "pending investigation".

They really won't give me a direct answer what I'm supposed to do. They keep telling me just to make my insurance cover it, pay the deductible and let them handle getting that deductible back from the person who hit me, which sounds ridiculous!

Technically I don't NEED the car fixed ASAP, but the shop doesn't even want to touch it until it's been seen by an adjuster and they know it's getting covered somehow.

Not sure if I should just get my lawyer involved or patiently wait for them to potentially deny my claim. It's clear there is a policy for this car with them or it would have been: Sorry not us, have a great day.

I really don't know what else they need to know. Ridiculous.
Get a lawyer involved immediately. Sorry this happened.

I'm sure it's frustrating that you might need to seek legal counsel but you might just threaten that you will and see if that changes their tone. If worse comes to worst, you will need to contact your insurance and definitely pursue diminished value.

Wow that's terrible! I would call the authorities and file a police report. I would not call my insurance, I would call a lawyer as jinks suggested. I can't stand people

Wow that's terrible! I would call the authorities and file a police report. I would not call my insurance, I would call a lawyer as jinks suggested. I can't stand people

I have had my own insurance companies in the past try to bully me around. Then my wifey gets involved and they start acting right once they receive a letter signed as "Esquire"...

Thanks for the replies guys. After reading this, I agree. I just finished getting in contact with my lawyer. Gathering up all the evidence right now, including the video.

Full disclosure, I had called the police after taking photos and posting them that day because he (the driver at fault) wasn't supplying any information or trying to reach out to me. The number he gave the guys at my body shop were from this business that he was sub-contracted to. The police finally caught up with him and basically made him give me his insurance info, but he INSISTED that we do this outside insurance and out of pocket.

I refused and went straight to his insurance company. I'm sure he's not being helpful at all with them in trying to get the matter resolved given everything that has transpired...which may be what's taking so long, however I'm really confused on how they don't know if a car is covered by them or not.

I've contacted my insurance company for extra precaution, in which they have stated they will go after his insurance company or try to reclaim the losses with him if they are somehow unable to pursue through a claim.

What was supposed to be a simple spray job turned out being much worse.

Hopefully will find out more next week...the waiting is driving me insane knowing the car is still sitting there.

I feel ya man, I am going crazy waiting for my engine to be built. I need to take out aggression on winding roads!
I'm glad you're not taking this dumb fucks crap anymore. Go for the throat, he is playing games.... Does he know how much a quarter panel costs on an nsx? I seem to think he does not.

I feel ya man, I am going crazy waiting for my engine to be built. I need to take out aggression on winding roads!
I'm glad you're not taking this dumb fucks crap anymore. Go for the throat, he is playing games.... Does he know how much a quarter panel costs on an nsx? I seem to think he does not.

Oh definitely. The waiting is tough, man. Especially since the weather is nice.

The shop actually pulled up prices for him after they confronted him and I'm guessing that might be why he bailed. The officer was telling me that his driving record is less than stellar, so maybe he's about to get dropped from insurance which is why he wanted to pay out of pocket.

All speculation though. Can't wait for this all to be behind me.

I'm following your build closely as well. Reading NSX builds takes the edge off, lol.

I wish you the best my nsx brethren.... This is what insurance is meant for. Exploit it.....

Pay the deductible, let your insurance do it's job and go after the other guy's insurance or him. They should be able to recover your deductible it will just take time. I imagine a lawyer cost a lot more than your deductible.

Pay the deductible, let your insurance do it's job and go after the other guy's insurance or him. They should be able to recover your deductible it will just take time. I imagine a lawyer cost a lot more than your deductible.

Yeah, I got in contact with my lawyer. He gave me counsel to let my insurance pursue them, which they actively are right now. If push comes to shove, we may have to escalate...but for now, just waiting to hear back on what they're going to do. Waiting game sucks.

Wow guys, it's been WELL over a month. My insurance took care of everything, pursued the other party involved to get their money back and for the last month or so it's been at the shop. LUCKLY, it was only the panel. Nothing else was affected.

Alignment done, and the fender is back in perfect condition.

Some of the progress:

ZzfzQ7Z.jpg

And while I was at the shop getting work done, I figured I would get a little extra:

T2K5p2M.jpg

g3WLXXf.jpg

All painted up...zip tied the Vizage front lip...going to mount it properly tomorrow:

nPf2oE4.jpg

J2lp68z.jpg

Still gotta bring the car back to the shop on Monday so they can finish cutting and buffing it; but very minor. Glad to have her back.

Back