• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Newbie question: cd changer

Just picked up 2001 T on the weekend and it comes with a cd changer in the trunk.

How in the world do I use it??? I don't see a button on the stereo.

i feel like a bit of a dumb ass asking this question but I tried searching before asking a simple question like this.

Probably a few more dumb questions to follow.

N worries, you will discover lots of things you did not know about the car the longer you have it. I think there are a couple NSX secrets and did you know it threads about the car that fill you in on things that you never would have known. For example, I had the car 1.5 years before I knew you could also fit the targa in the trunk wrapped in a blanket.

To your question. The knob on the right hand side labeled "Tune/AM/FM" is the used to change sources. Simply push the button in and it will cycle thru the sources. If the CD source doesn't appear than you may not have it connected and may need to trace the line from CD changer to head unit.

That's what I assumed but you're correct, it doesn't say cd so I will try and figure out why.

I am really not that interested in the cd changer as I want to hook up my iPhone/iPod but now I know how to change to that source.

I will look for that thread, thanks!!

That's what I assumed but you're correct, it doesn't say cd so I will try and figure out why.

I am really not that interested in the cd changer as I want to hook up my iPhone/iPod but now I know how to change to that source.

I will look for that thread, thanks!!

Probably just unplugged then. Check in the trunk first behind the liner directly behind the CD changer, if not there then check on the left side of trunk before it goes thru the trunk/engine wall there is another plug connector. If not there then you may check connector behind driver side seat and then again the connector directly plugged to back of OEM headunit. Most likely it is just unplugged in the trunk as that is super easy to access and what most owners do. If you remove the CD changer you can easily fit a golf bag or more luggage in the trunk.

Lots of people pick up a GROM audio adapter unit to plug in an iPod or they just use the Bluetooth built into the GROM unit to listen to music from their phone. At least that's what I did. Below is my build thread to get the ideas flowing. Just start reading various threads and you will be amazed at how much info is on Prime. Good luck.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/196743-Pursuit-of-Childhood-Dream-Car

Back