• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wednesday Orlando Drive

Great! They have a more elaborate breakfast across the street though................. maybe we can sneak over to socialize? haha!

- - - Updated - - -

"Hey Hawk, how do you find these damn places?"

once you retire aarp gives you a special app.....:wink:

Your close! I've been all over this great country and when I find a good place to eat I put it in my memory bank for future use.

Any strategies for the return drive? I need to make it back by Monday evening due to the election.

May I propose this:

We leave NSXPO at 12noon on Sunday. Drive 8hrs to this place:

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
1944 Cedar Creek Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28312

(910) 323- 1600

We can get the Army from Fort Bragg to watch our cars while we sleep!

- - - Updated - - -

or ................. Leave right after breakfast and travel to Richmond, VA and Dan, you can go straight through.

- - - Updated - - -

or ................ stay Sunday morning for the NSXPO event drive and lunch. Then leave and stay over again in Savannah.

- - - Updated - - -

or ................... no plans and judge by the weather. Then just drive as far as we want and stay in any decent looking hotel we find on the way up w/o reservations.

I am leaning toward this option. Let me know what you are thinking Dan, Ken, Todd?

Rich

- - - Updated - - -

What are you doing Hawk? Or don't you think that far in advance???

May I propose this:

We leave NSXPO at 12noon on Sunday. Drive 8hrs to this place:

Holiday Inn Fayetteville I-95 South
1944 Cedar Creek Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28312

(910) 323- 1600

We can get the Army from Fort Bragg to watch our cars while we sleep!

- - - Updated - - -

or ................. Leave right after breakfast and travel to Richmond, VA and Dan, you can go straight through.

- - - Updated - - -

or ................ stay Sunday morning for the NSXPO event drive and lunch. Then leave and stay over again in Savannah.

- - - Updated - - -

or ................... no plans and judge by the weather. Then just drive as far as we want and stay in any decent looking hotel we find on the way up w/o reservations.

I am leaning toward this option. Let me know what you are thinking Dan, Ken, Todd?

Rich

- - - Updated - - -

What are you doing Hawk? Or don't you think that far in advance???

I don't mind any of those options and will await what Fernando thinks as well. And Rich, we will be joining you for the ride down leaving early AM on 11/1. I was also able to reserve a room at the Holiday Inn Express. See you on the road!

Rich

Probably the best call, but I like narrowing it down a little bit so that we can just go with option A,B,C or D. As long as all of those options are "Hawk Approved", I will be 100% behind them. I learned quick to listen to his advice.

I will be staying a few extra days in FL and not making the return trip home with you guys. Dan, could you do a absentee ballot? In case you would not make it back in time.

Last edited:
Rich:

That sounds like a good return plan. I will be staying later to drop my wife off at the airport. Then I can make the drive to Fayetteville.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to be back home Monday night

- - - Updated - - -

I made a reservation for Sunday

Sorry Rich but I'm leaving Monday morn and driving to Port Wentworth, Ga ( Savannah ) another restaurant stop then Tuesday I will be in Fredericksburg, Va great German restaurant and Wednesday back to Buffalo

Last edited:
Sorry Rich but I'm leaving Monday morn and driving to Port Wentworth, Ga ( Savannah ) another restaurant stop then Tuesday I will be in Fredericksburg, Va great German restaurant and Wednesday back to Buffalo

Yo da man!

We should probably drive an hour or so South from the Shell station before stopping for lunch. Otherwise it will be a long afternoon.

We should probably drive an hour or so South from the Shell station before stopping for lunch. Otherwise it will be a long afternoon.

Sounds good............. I will eat more oatmeal at 5:00am haha!

- - - Updated - - -

Many choices at Exit 143A

Back