• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wednesday Orlando Drive

Anyone plan on leaving for the drive down to Orlando from the NYC area on Wednesday 11/02/16 very early A.M.???
If so, please PM me and maybe we can drive down together. :smile::cool::rolleyes:

I am driving down from PA. Nothing is set in stone but thinking of leaving Nov 1 and staying in Fayetteville NC. Then heading down I95 on Nov 2. Maybe we could try and set up a place to met to continue on the drive on Nov 2.

I am doing the same. I plan on leaving on November 1st from Lafayette Hill PA. Let me know where a good place to stay would be that we could meet and drive together the next morning to Orlando.

We should do this soon so that we can make a reservation for that night. I also intend on leaving from NSXPO on Sunday so we can also drive back together at least to stay on Sunday Night.

Thanks,

Ken

In NC Fairfield Inn Fayetteville I-95. Online it said a room is $88. Its about half way for me, but it is just an option as I am open to suggestions.

Last edited:
That is 7 hours from me and 7 hours to nsxpo. I think we should find a place closer so that the drive on the 2nd is not so long.

How about a place in Georgia?

I plan on driving 12 hrs. on Wed, Nov. 2nd. That should get me into Savannah Wed. to spend the night. Lunchtime Thursday in Orlando.

Georgia sounds ok. Little worried about doing a 12 hr drive in the NSX. Longest trip I took in the NSX was 3 hrs. Maybe we could try to meet up somewhere the first day. Passline you should see if you could bump your schedule up a day.

I plan on driving 12 hrs. on Wed, Nov. 2nd. That should get me into Savannah Wed. to spend the night. Lunchtime Thursday in Orlando.

If get in Orlando on thursday you are missing the trip to the space center

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone plan on leaving for the drive down to Orlando from the NYC area on Wednesday 11/02/16 very early A.M.???
If so, please PM me and maybe we can drive down together. :smile::cool::rolleyes:

As indicated above, if you leave on Wednesday you will miss the social activities on Thursday.

Check that .............. forgot that it starts earlier than previous years. I bumped it up a day and will leave on Tuesday. Be there Wednesday night for socializing.

Check that .............. forgot that it starts earlier than previous years. I bumped it up a day and will leave on Tuesday. Be there Wednesday night for socializing.
Rich, Fernando and I are leaving Tuesday evening as well. We plan to leave around 5:30-6, drive to about Virginia, spend the night then complete the trip in the morning. Does that work for you?

I plan on leaving early on Tuesday and breaking up the driving during the day stopping every few hours or so.I have not driven that long in my car either. I have done a few 4 hour trips. My concern is that I want to maximize my time at NSXPO. I think GA might be a great target for the first day. I want the arrival day at NSXPO to be short - 4-5 hours max.Ken

Rich, Fernando and I are leaving Tuesday evening as well. We plan to leave around 5:30-6, drive to about Virginia, spend the night then complete the trip in the morning. Does that work for you?

Negative. You guys should just go on Tuesday evening. Dark at 7pm now. I prefer day driving on I-95 and will probably drive 7am to 7pm on Tuesday. Sorry I couldn't join you. Enjoy and safe driving. See you in Orlando.

I plan on leaving early on Tuesday and breaking up the driving during the day stopping every few hours or so.I have not driven that long in my car either. I have done a few 4 hour trips. My concern is that I want to maximize my time at NSXPO. I think GA might be a great target for the first day. I want the arrival day at NSXPO to be short - 4-5 hours max.Ken
Negative. You guys should just go on Tuesday evening. Dark at 7pm now. I prefer day driving on I-95 and will probably drive 7am to 7pm on Tuesday. Sorry I couldn't join you. Enjoy and safe driving. See you in Orlando.
That what I was thinking. Leave early Tuesday Morning. I pick up I95 on the south side of the Washington Beltway around 169A. Could we plan to meet somewhere on I 95 south of Washington to continue the drive together. Savannah works for me, I see a Best Western for $75-80 a night or a Ramada (have to call for price) outside of Savannah on I95 marker 102.

Last edited:
Here is the plan that Ken and I have worked out:

We are joining up for the entire drive to Savannah on Tuesday 11/01 at about 11am just South of D.C.
The meeting location is at Exit 163 on I-95 in Virginia.

Shell Gas Station
8015 Lorton Rd.
Lorton, Va 22079

Any of the Virginia people or other Northeastern folks coming through at that time, we would love to have you join us.
-Rich :smile:

That works, I will meet you guys there. Will PM you my cell phone number in the next day or so. Are we still set for stopping at the best western in Savannah.

Let me know if you have an alternative hotel that has rooms. I had no problem getting a room at the Holiday Inn.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

We need a good safe parking lot too.

Great! They have a more elaborate breakfast across the street though................. maybe we can sneak over to socialize? haha!

- - - Updated - - -

"Hey Hawk, how do you find these damn places?"

Back