• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sold my 2001

I have had this car for over 14 years and feel a real loss in giving it up. The new owner will pick it up this coming week. It will spend its future in the Bay Area. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to own and drive an NSX. This is my second NSX and my favorite. I want to thank everyone in the NSX community. It has been a real pleasure being associated with the group. So many have helped me make this NSX a real adventure. I will miss the drives to Arrowhead and other locations. Thank you for all the memories.
Manny Fernandez, Jr.

I have had this car for over 14 years and feel a real loss in giving it up. The new owner will pick it up this coming week. It will spend its future in the Bay Area. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to own and drive an NSX. This is my second NSX and my favorite. I want to thank everyone in the NSX community. It has been a real pleasure being associated with the group. So many have helped me make this NSX a real adventure. I will miss the drives to Arrowhead and other locations. Thank you for all the memories.
Manny Fernandez, Jr.

Manny,

Sorry to see you go. I always like your car (my favorite color and equipped with a super charger), and your not so bad of a guy either! Good luck where ever your future takes you, and I hope you get the NSX itch sometime in the future and we see you in an NSX again!

Best,

Mario

Thanks Mcano for the nice thoughts. The fellow buying my car has been driving the Jag XK with V8. He liked it a lot but I guess wanted a stick. When you think about it there are not too many stick shifts vehicles the like of the NSX. It really is a drivers car and involves a lot of coordination. That results in a lot of fun I think. We share a lot of common interests. He has solar on his home. He drives a Rav4EV back and forth to work. He liked the car exactly as I had modified it. Several people indicated interest but wanted it to be stock. This is a car to drive. As part of the sale he had it checked out at Gold Coast Acura (where I purchased my 91 many years ago). The same tech has been there for the last 25 years. He checked the compression and everything about the car. It passed with flying colors. I am giving the guy new rear tires and new OEM brake pads all around. The only problem I had was one of my condenser fan motors was not operating. I took it out and verified it was bad. So I have one on order and hope to have it installed this next week. I only have a two car garage at our new home and need to have the Kia Soul EV available for my wife to drive. So I either have to leave a car outside (which I hate to do) or leave one at our parents home in Corona Del Mar. So it really was a logistics issue for me.
Manny

I know you and Victoria always loved Santa Barbara. Good for you to be back there. Too bad you are letting the NSX go but it's right for you. Thank you for telling me about Dr. Sarpa. I still see her every 6 months.

Santa Barbara is just home for us. Politically it is more neutral than Orange County. There is a lot to do and see. They have an amazing number of parks and beaches to walk along. Great Restaurants. It is a slower pace as well. Yes, Dr. Sarpa is great. I need to get out and see her before year end. As it turns out we are at Victoria's Parent's house in Corona Del Mar almost every week. So I am using that address as a second home. And I still have classes I teach for Cal State Fullerton as well as a couple of consulting jobs. So while most of our stuff is in Santa Barbara we have a second residence in Corona Del Mar. I almost feel like a vagabond going back and forth. Who knows Kyra maybe I will buy your NSX when you sell it?
Manny

Ha ha ha! The line is long for my hottie car! My kids don't appreciate it so I'm going to have to will it to the right person since I never plan on selling it. It's eye candy.

I have had this car for over 14 years and feel a real loss in giving it up.

Sorry to hear, Manny.

I only have a two car garage at our new home and need to have the Kia Soul EV available for my wife to drive. So I either have to leave a car outside (which I hate to do) or leave one at our parents home in Corona Del Mar. So it really was a logistics issue for me.

I understand the feeling. We too only have a two car garage and I just upgraded my daily driver (which used to be parked outside) to an EV that definitely deserves the garage. Valerie's car is now parked outside (I'm amazed she was cool with this...had to buy her a car cover).

Solar power and an EV...a great combination!

BTW, the very first NSX drive I participated in, I also organized...and it was to Santa Barbara. June, 2000....

Last edited:
Yes, I just ordered our solar panels. I also just ran the wiring for our charger. Now that I have a space in the garage, we will bring home the Kia Soul EV+ I am excited about that and sad that my car is now gone.....
Manny

Back