• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2016 HPDE Tech Inspection and Tips to Prepare

For all those participating in the HPDE at NSXPO 2016, please remember to have your car go through a tech inspection before arriving at NSXPO. You will need to turn in a signed tech sheet which may be found here:

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/forms/techSheet.pdf

For some helpful hints on preparing for your track day, this link is great for the Novices and their preparation for a track event, with the tech sheet being linked under "Car Preparation" http://www.chinmotorsports.com/InsideChinTips.aspx

For those of us just looking to do the Autocross portion, will there be a tech onsite or do we need to do the same as the HPDE?

For those of us just looking to do the Autocross portion, will there be a tech onsite or do we need to do the same as the HPDE?

No formal tech required but it is always prudent to make sure your car is properly prepared for any driving, whether autocross or just a group drive.

RSO,

Forgot to ask this earlier, for the Autocross do we need to bring our own helmets? Or since there is no tech there is no helmet requirement as well? Just wondering as I don't see any detailed info relating to the Autocross.
Thanks

RSO,

Forgot to ask this earlier, for the Autocross do we need to bring our own helmets? Or since there is no tech there is no helmet requirement as well? Just wondering as I don't see any detailed info relating to the Autocross.
Thanks

Helmets not required for autocross and everyone, owners and their guest, may participate since it is included in the $299 social registration fee.

For HPDE, is racing brake fluid recommended or mandatory? I posted this elsewhere and seems not necessary with a recent fluid flush?

For HPDE, is racing brake fluid recommended or mandatory? I posted this elsewhere and seems not necessary with a recent fluid flush?

It is not mandatory and a recent flush with fresh fluid should be sufficient for novices. The more experience you get as you advance to faster run groups then something like Motul 600 would be recommended.

Now that the schedules out, what if one would like to do both the hpde and autox? Looks like there may be some overlap with the drivers meetings. I'd love to hit the track in the morning and then take people for rides for the autox.

Now that the schedules out, what if one would like to do both the hpde and autox? Looks like there may be some overlap with the drivers meetings. I'd love to hit the track in the morning and then take people for rides for the autox.

Each HPDE driver is responsible for being on the grid and ready to go at the specified times so if a driver wants to autocross too then the driver must make sure there is enough time to get back and forth, stay hydrated and ensure their car is ready to go out for another session. Also autocross will be first come, first served with no limits on runs and there is no guarantee of wait times at any particular point in the day.

Back