• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need shop recommendation in Palm Springs area for timing belt replacement

Rex

Registered Member
Hi gang,

I haven't checked in for about 10 years but am glad to see NSXPrime revived and vigorous. I've put 57,000 miles on my 2000 NSX and reckon it's time to replace the timing belt, water pump and maybe clutch but don't know if my local dealership, Acura of the Desert, is up to the task. They've done small work on the car in the past and have always done a good job but replacing the timing belt is more invasive than anything they've done on it previously.

I haven't put a lot of miles on the car since 2006, having been sidetracked by newer wheels, and during my absence all of the service reps I've known at Acura of the Desert have moved on, leaving me no way to assess their capabilities other than online reviews, which are almost exclusively about customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction with their sales department. If any of you have first-hand experience with Acura of the Desert service doing engine work on an NSX or can recommend an excellent independent shop in the
Palm Springs area for same, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,
Rex

Don't know much about Acura of the Desert or of any independent shops in the Palm Springs area but it would be worth the drive to see Ramon at Niguel Motors. He works on most of peoples NSX's in SoCal and his rates are very reasonable. 27140 Cabot Rd, Laguna Hills, CA 92653 (949) 348-2476

Last edited:
I 2nd that, make the trip to Ramon. He is the best NSX mechanic in social area period and will cost you much less than the dealer.

LMR & Aero Z,

Thank you both. I was hoping for a local shop for the sake of simplicity but I suspect you're right and I'll likely give Ramon a call. One of the many joys of the NSX has been the ability to have it serviced locally as opposed to my 430 spider, service for which always involves rental cars and usually traffic jams. My NSX has required so little service that I have nothing to complain about whereas Ferrari should have included a free transporter with purchase of the 430.

Last edited:
Back