• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX NC1 vs Ferrari 458

I've raced back to back in 19 inch chrome wheels vs stock 17s in my old 95 NSX. It made virtually no difference. So I doubt a 570 hp car would feel it.

I was consistently 1-2 sec slower on the same auto-x course with heavy 17/18 wheels than on my oem 16/17 back in the day when I had time to play like that

I certainly feel a difference in mine but no sense comparing accuracy of our butt dynos. Got any #s ?

I did a more or less 1/4 mile race with my buddies stock 335i. I beat him the same car lengths with stockies and chromies. He changed nothing in his stock auto.

Now, on a racetrack with distance, that might have different outcomes, but a straight line 1/4 mile race? The difference is negligible.

too many variables in your street pulls to come to the conclusion that rotating mass doesn't matter.

Yea, well this particular drag race in question with the 458 vs NSX is not the same as the racetrack either. The heavy wheels should have minimal affect on acceleration and handling is not an issue in a straight line.

Depending on how heavy those wheels are, they might affect the acceleration a bit.

But more importantly, this was at like 4000-5000ft above sea level, which means the naturally aspirated 458 loses like 12-15% of its rated power.

Depending on how heavy those wheels are, they might affect the acceleration a bit.

But more importantly, this was at like 4000-5000ft above sea level, which means the naturally aspirated 458 loses like 12-15% of its rated power.

Let's see how bad the 650S beat the NSX when they finally release the video since both are FI cars and the McLaren clearly has the weight and power advantage...

Let's see how bad the 650S beat the NSX when they finally release the video since both are FI cars and the McLaren clearly has the weight and power advantage...

No need to wait, they already did that test:

The 650S won as expected, seems like the NSX got a slight advantange in the beginning, but the 650S made up the gap and pulled ahead after thanks to its superior power to weight ratio.

No need to wait, they already did that test:

The 650S won as expected, seems like the NSX got a slight advantange in the beginning, but the 650S made up the gap and pulled ahead after thanks to its superior power to weight ratio.

I want to see the other end race from the other camera guy like how these extended angles have been rolling out, to see how much the 650S won. I have yet to see the other angle.

Where did these kids go to school is ALL I want know, f@ck the cars. I need to be a rich teen with sleeved tattoos. Wait, nevermind,,,, too late. I am already fat and old... I missed the Facebook bus.

I believe Stradman has been blogging for a while and I find him to be very good

The guy with all the cars is new to me. He is a single dad too.

I believe Stradman has been blogging for a while and I find him to be very good

The guy with all the cars is new to me. He is a single dad too.
Stradman was a former low level accountant until recently laid off. I believe he use to work for an oil company (surprise surprise). The new guy is independently successful and I think he sees an opportunity for additional income via Youtube thru VLOG productions. Though, he seems to have brought onboard another colleague to handle the majority if not all the VLOG production for his channel. I have not quite figured out what's his main source of income but i'll figure it out :) I'm going to guess he is in apparel wear.

Agree, Stradman is less annoying than most of the millennial VLOG'ers

Stradman is less annoying than most of the millennial VLOG'ers
I disagree. I find him to be one of, if not, thee most annoying. I wish YouTube had a way to block him completely from my lists.

Have to correct myself... Vehicle Virgins is #1 worst. Stradman #2 .

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel as if when Jersey Shore got cancelled, they all started to review cars on YouTube.

Some of the YouTube folks are terrible (ex. Spencer Berke) in my opinion.

The Stradman has genuine enthusiasm, and has some good access to rare vehicles (the 2 keys for me).

The current top tog in the space (again, to me) is this Shmee guy. He started out as a kid chasing cars. He has evolved his stuff to a supercar/hypercar travel and leisure thing. He recently finished a European tour with a handful of his own rides, including some nice ring time. The business he has created has allowed him to have a Ferrari FF, Mac 675 LT Spider, Cayman GT-4, Ford Focus RS and an old school Mini. Considering how expensive these cars are in Europe, he is making a good go of it. I think the way he plays, (not being critical on this, that etc..) play out better for a broad audience.

Seeing Salomondrin laughing out of control (perhaps connected to weed) and beeeching about the unfairness of who didn't get a Ford GT can get old.

Back