• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If you thought all gen 2 NSXs are badged "Acura" you'd be wrong

Just came out of the Paris Auto Show and was surprised to see a Honda-badged NSX in the Honda booth.
photos to follow in a few days.

2016_honda_nsx_brief-drive_japan_02_zpsnw89g4l7.jpg~original

Ummmmmm, duh! ;-)

Just came out of the Paris Auto Show and was surprised to see a Honda-badged NSX in the Honda booth.
photos to follow in a few days.

It's been this way since the first NSX came out in 1991.
Acura in North America, HK and China, Honda elsewhere.

Welcome SFNSXguy

Sorry you got blasted after your post

The most unfair thing in my mind is that the UK market (who is H badged) put down their deposits first and are still waiting for cars

People in the states are stupid. They need a upgraded brand to feel superior to other people. Therefore, Acura, Lexus, Cadillac, and Infinity were created.

I agree with you Jinks

The way it was explained to me is that folks with a new Acura don't want to sit in the service waiting room with the folks who own a 12 year old Civic

I agree with you Jinks

The way it was explained to me is that folks with a new Acura don't want to sit in the service waiting room with the folks who own a 12 year old Civic

and they are much more willing to pay a higher work rate for a "free" loner.....:rolleyes:

It's been this way since the first NSX came out in 1991.
Acura in North America, HK and China, Honda elsewhere.
Of course I knew this (big DUH!)... But I had been told that the gen2 would be dealt with differently since it was (is) being built in the US.

So Honda would have to spend millions launching the Acura brand in markets where it is completely unknown?

by that same logic, all Japanese built cars would be badged Honda.

This is the way they should be delivered so the whole Honda / Acura badging issue can be put to rest....

Not sure why they'd try and expand the Acura brand in Europe where it's unknown, while the Honda brand has got quite a good reputation. We do have Lexus and Infiniti though, i understand why Nissan chose to do it (they being associated with Renault, not a good image) but Toyota have an excellent reputation too, actually when i tell people that Lexus is a brand of Toyota they light up and say somehing in the spirit of "ah even better !"... Funnily enough the GTR is branded Nissan ?

I agree, I think White show case the contours and various opening on the NSX the best....for a pure stealthy look, the Black is the way to go.

Bram

Last edited:
Yeah, the NSX at the Paris show is white.

I keep falling in love more and more with the new car.

Was at the Honda Welcome Center in Tokyo today. Here's some pics. Sorry this website doesn't respect image orientation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 36
Back