• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Will anyone black out the chrome on the beak?

As title states. I think the nsx looks hot in both black and white. If I were buying one I would definitely black out that out of place chrome trim located below the hood. Anyone else share that thought? Photoshop it maybe?

Nope but I did gloss match the carbon fiber spoiler to the roof. From the factory the spoiler is sort of a matte finish, didn't like it so I had it glossed when I did paint protection. It looks killer now.

My car is at the shop getting the Paint protection film put on today and I debated on blacking out the beak. I felt on the white it does not look good blacked out but on a black or darker color car it will look better.

Here's my crappy attempt at photoshop.

Beak Delete

Silver Beak

I also though about wrapping the carbon roof in matt clear film so the roof would match all the other matt carbon bits but decided to hold off for now.

I also though about wrapping the carbon roof in matt clear film so the roof would match all the other matt carbon bits but decided to hold off for now.

I went 100% the other direction. All of the exterior carbon is now gloss on my NSX and it looks very sharp.

I would say an aftermarket carbon fibre replacement to match the rear spoiler is in order. I give it 6 months and someone will sell a cf direct replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My car is at the shop getting the Paint protection film put on today and I debated on blacking out the beak. I felt on the white it does not look good blacked out but on a black or darker color car it will look better.

Here's my crappy attempt at photoshop.

Beak Delete

Silver Beak

Blacked out looks sweet. What about color matched white? I do agree it makes the hood look strange blacked out but the chrome is worse in my opion.

Well we can a produce carbon laminate version of the beak I'll check costs later next week.
I'm already confirming base parts.

would really love to see this, do you know if you guys would be replicating some of the CF parts offered? like the spoiler?

also i think the blacked out beak flows better

Well at the moment we're not looking to the rear spoilers or replicating the OEM parts there isn't a reason altough the interior trim can very easily be made.
We do this all the time for our Maserati customers.

On our website the first few items are starting to appear.
http://as-motorsport.com/site/en/catalog-c-6/nsx-2016-c-208/exterior-c-226/

The most dramatic item would be the carbon grill frame which we can match to the carbon of the roof
55754872bb00e5cedbece7e63de9149a42f10375_640x640_fws.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the beak actually wrapped in gloss black vinyl.

One with the rear Acura Badge Blacked out.

Well at the moment we're not looking to the rear spoilers or replicating the OEM parts there isn't a reason altough the interior trim can very easily be made.
We do this all the time for our Maserati customers.

On our website the first few items are starting to appear.
http://as-motorsport.com/site/en/catalog-c-6/nsx-2016-c-208/exterior-c-226/

The most dramatic item would be the carbon grill frame which we can match to the carbon of the roof
55754872bb00e5cedbece7e63de9149a42f10375_640x640_fws.jpg

im in the works with configuring my new NSX, if i could get the spoiler and the interior parts for cheaper then they are selling.. that would be awesome. I really really love the front grille in CF.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the beak actually wrapped in gloss black vinyl.

One with the rear Acura Badge Blacked out.

i like it! but im not a fan of the debadged front

+1. however still looks very nice... hope to see your car in person sometime next season.

im in the works with configuring my new NSX, if i could get the spoiler and the interior parts for cheaper then they are selling.. that would be awesome. I really really love the front grille in CF.

- - - Updated - - -

i like it! but im not a fan of the debadged front

This look like a carbon wrap on the car at NSXPO.

Look nice though.

That was the first thing they did when they bought it.
I want to wait to see what is available in the future. I have the 130 white and don't think against the white the chrome beak looks THAT bad. I would like to have it match my carbon white when I change it. The chrome Acura emblems will stay chrome. I like what Adnan and M.S. motorsports has planned

nosirrahx, Can you post a pic of the matte carbon in glossy wrapped tail and spoilers. I just took delivery of mine on Saturday and wanted to do the same.

Last edited:
Whats with the silver mesh? Looks like it's from Home depot?

I do like the glossy CF decklid spoiler.

Last edited:
pardon my ignorance but why would someone repaint a new car when they are custom ordered?

He may have not ordered the car

Without getting too offensive here, many folks who live deep within the car culture are big time into customization

A lot of cars receive performance/interior/exterior/wheels/audio on and on mods

Not my thing but if folks want to do it and can pay for it, please feel free to express yourself through your vehicle customization

This is one of those textbook cases where the owner spent a lot of money on the project and now has a car worth less than his car was prior to the work

Back