• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Installed KW V3's. Align on stock wheels OR when new wheels arrive? Does it matter?

Hello Prime,

I didn't expect this to be my first post, however I just learned today that the custom set of wheels I ordered are being delayed another week. I have fresh KW V3 coilovers on the car and I had made an appointment to align the car this Saturday, anticipating the arrival of my wheels today. The wheels are 17x8 et40, 18x9.5 et40 and tires will be Direzza ZII's in 215/40 and 265/35.

Over the years, I have always aligned my cars on the tire/wheel combo I intended on using on a daily basis. I have received mixed feedback from folks who both align other track cars and standard cars alike.

What do you guys/gals recommend? Should I go ahead and align the car on the stock 15/16's or reschedule and align when the new wheels arrive?

Thanks a ton for your help and I am looking forward to being part of the community!

Cheers,

Art

Just wait till you get the new wheels and tires. It's not going to be a big deal anyways.

Art, not to take away from the nsxprime forums but there is a pretty active norcal/NSXCA norcal group on facebook if you're into that.

Thanks all for your input.

Yeah, wait. If there's a possibility that your current tires are worn (unevenly) that will undoubtedly affect the alignment

That is a very good point. The tires on the stockers do appear to have a bit of extra wear on the inside tread. I have already rescheduled.

If you just installed your KWs, I would wait a week or two before doing an alignment anyway so the suspension has time time settle.

For reference, my KW V3s were lower by an extra 1/4" after a week.

Wow, that's a huge difference!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm holding off until the end of next week to align it.

If you just installed your KWs, I would wait a week or two before doing an alignment anyway so the suspension has time time settle.

For reference, my KW V3s were lower by an extra 1/4" after a week.

It won't matter unless you need to adjust for your new wheel specs (e.g more camber to mitigate rub etc) much more targeted application (account got wider contact patch etc)

Last edited:
Back