• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To Canadian members I wanted DRL Control unit

Hi,

I am of Polish- Mariusz in our country is the duty of driving lights.Does anyone have...DRL Control Unit -I know how this can be done in a different way but I want the factory solution.I have family in Edmonton.they can ask the local dealer but do not know the part number.

Regards
Mario

Mario, do you know if you car is wired for the DRL?
Only Canadian spec car are wired for the DRL control unit, located behind the Glove box. US spec NSX are not wired for DRL.
I don't have the part number on hand , but I would check this out prior to buying the DRL control unit...and it's not cheap

Bram

Just check to see if there is a wire where fuse #3 would plug in (foot well fuse box) if no wire /connector, no wiring for DRL. Is your car a US spec car?
BTW, the module is ~$650.00.

Hi,
My car is US spec (fuse #3 )empty
Now I have done DRL by "warrenw"but I bought NSX Electical Troubleshooting and I want pre-wired to Canadian spec. If the module will be expensive and unreachable from the secondary market.I'll try to realize yourself:
"
When you turn the ignition switch to ON (II) with the parking brake released. The daytime running lights control unit supplies battery voltage to the left and right daytime running lights. The daytime running light come on because their opposite terminals are grounded.

Applying the parking brake grounds the daytime running lights control unit through the GRN/YEL wire. If you apply the parking brake when the ignition switch is first switched to ON (II), the daytime running light will remain off until you release the parking brake. Once the daytime running light are on, applying the parking brake will not turn them off .

When you switch to low beam , high beam, or flash-to-pass operation, battery voltage from the headlight relay is applied to the daytime running light control unit through the PNK/BLK wires. The daytime running lights control unit then turns off the daytime running light"

Regards
Mario

Hi,
My car is US spec (fuse #3 )empty"

Regards
Mario

Hi Mario,

I would stick with Warren's excellent DIY guide for DRL's - it's what I used on my US NSX, & it works like a charm. IMHO, There is really no good reason to spend literally hundreds of $$ just to try to mimic original functionality, unless money is no object :smile:. If you want to go further than Warren's guide there are lots of different DRL relay kits on the market - it just depends how long & how deep you want to go into it.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...d-Cars/page4?p=1662323&viewfull=1#post1662323

Best,

Neil

Hi Mario,

I would stick with Warren's excellent DIY guide for DRL's - it's what I used on my US NSX, & it works like a charm. IMHO, There is really no good reason to spend literally hundreds of $$ just to try to mimic original functionality, unless money is no object :smile:. If you want to go further than Warren's guide there are lots of different DRL relay kits on the market - it just depends how long & how deep you want to go into it.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...d-Cars/page4?p=1662323&viewfull=1#post1662323

Best,

Neil

I have changed that DRL mod with a newer modification that does not require any wire cutting, splicing or diodes. You have choices on how to do it with different functionality.
It costs about $25.00 to provide DRL functionality my way.

Sorry this took so long to reply.

attachment.php

I use new bulb sockets in the front marker lamp assemblies.

Attachments

• DRL_wiring_v01.jpg
    DRL_wiring_v01.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Back