• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Problem with my oem radio with bluetooth Grom unit connected

Hey guys, I need some help in troubleshooting why I cannot get my BT Grom unit to work. We connected the unit behind the drivers seat, and followed the instructions from the other thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...stereo-IPod-integration-Plug-n-Play-GromAudio post #5 to plug in the the Grom to the bottom 8pin plug which would be the CD player connector.

My car has I believe an 05 OEM Bose headunit, but I have never had a CD player (car is a 92). I turn the car on and I assume i have to flip to CD, but it only cycles FM and AM, no other option. I cannot find my Grom on my iphone BT sync either.

Let me know what I am missing to make this work, thanks!

You'll want to check that the grom unit isn't faulty by powering it up by itself not connected to the car.

Another option is is to hook it up directly to the headunit. PITA because you have to take apart the whole console.

when I installed mine, it didnt work when connected in the trunk. But did work behind the headunit and behind the drivers seat.

It is a brand new unit I bought from Amazon, but what would I connect it to test by itself? There is no AC plug connection there

sometimes you can get unlucky and things fail.

To test, you'd have to hook up a 12v source to the grom (look up the pinout for the connector).

you mentioned you have a 95 headunit in a 92. Maybe when it was installed they forgot to hook up the auxiliary cable! When I bought my car the guy said the radio tuner didn't didn't work and that it would have terrible reception. When I went to install the grom I found out the antenna was disconnected...

Last edited:
I think that was my friend and I's thought as well, maybe something was not connected when the previous owner installed the newer oem headunit. would the aux connection/antenna connection be behind the headunit (taking off center console, behind headunit), or somewhere else?

We saw another unconnected plug behind the rear center speaker but I figured that was just the rear center speaker which i removed anyway after installing a carbonfiber center speaker.

Yea, the head unit has an aux port in the back. When you get back there, hook the grom unit directly into the headunit and see if you get the cd-changer to show up when cycling through available modes. If that works, then you know the grom unit is good to go.

Back