• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Extended Warranties and related adders?'s

Just wondering if any new owners have bought into added coverage.
At closer my dealer proposed Easy Care Total Car for 10/yr/100kmi (@ ~ $14 K!) (but this covers only after mfgs stuff or what Acura doesn't cover.
Plus "ResistAll NG (protective treatment) for interior and exterior protection and repair/replacement if needed coverage for 7 yrs for additional ~ $750 (later it is extendable in 3 yr increments)

As I rule I have never given in to extended coverage or snake oil protective coatings...
Looking at Acura Warranty on CD I'm not sure paying costly adder is a justified bang for the buck expense.

I initially fell for it due so much new tech and unknowns with this car and it coming up at closure I didn't have much pre-thought or planning. But as I read through mfg coverage and look at small print not sure worthwhile such that I should cancel while I can.
Anyone with such experience with good or bad results?

I would not go with a third party warranty for this car. I asked about a Honda extended warranty and was told "not yet available." Assuming Honda comes out with something and it can be purchased without full dealer mark-up, I'd be inclined to get it.

you can't put resistall on for the first 60 days. regardless, i would rather use a high quality sealant from a professional detailer.

I'd cancel it and tell them you are more interested in the Acura extended warranty when they have it available. It is quite possible that there is a healthy profit for the dealer on this deal, from what you are telling us. Sometimes these companies close up or go bankrupt. Your expensive warranty would be worthless if they did. It's doubtful Honda will be one of the companies going away soon.

Thanks for some feedback. Though I hoped for more. Regardless, views pretty much line up with my thoughts and concerns. After looking at the Acura coverage's on the CD last night, I'm much less concerned than when I was signing on the doted line at closer. I contacted them this morning about cancelling both coverage's and gave my reasoning. Fortunately I got no resistance or heavy attempts to get me back. I'll be going back to sign reworked papers on Thursday when I'm in the area.

Back