• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How critical is rolling diameter on stock 15s/16s

looking for new tires for my recently aquired 92. Probably will never see track

tire rack offered for options and I think I've got it narrowed down to either Dunlops are Bridgestone's however, the rolling diameters are not that close when I look at the stock sizes in the prime wiki article

Otherthan speedo off any other issues?

concentrate on the tire size more than rd.....

You want to maintain the ratio front to rear or ABS and traction control won't function properly. Which specific tires are you considering? Can't see Tire Rack recommending tires that won't be compatible.

So I'm looking at the Bridgestone Potenza re71r. Stock sizes, front 205/50R15 and rear 225/50R16

Many informational threads here show that the front rolling diameter is 23.07 inches at 874 revolutions stock for the front and for the rear 24.85 inches at 811 revolutions

Bridgestone's are 901 in the front and 837 in the rear they are 23.1 inches in the front and 24.9 inches in the rear

The Dunlop die Rezza Z2 star art 904 in the front with 840 in the rear. Same dimensions for inches

If I look at the ratios of front rolling diameter divided by rear rolling diameter the stock ratio is
The Bridgestone's are 1.076
The Dunlops are 1.076

I assume two 1000s of a difference is negligible however is the rolling diameter a problem for the speedometer

no don't worry..remember how the rd changes anyway as the tires wear.

thanks for the fast replies and all the info here, I think I recognize some names from rennlist and s2ki, I think I'm gonna go with the bridgestones

Last edited:
Back