• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 Acura NSX vs. 2017 Nissan GT-R - Head 2 Head

Great pictures Gadjetman...silver looks good & congratulations!

When does it start snowing up there?

Thanks for the great pics Gadgetman?

Where do you keep the rest of your fleet?

i was totally into the Citroen SM as a kid so pics of that would be appreciated

I do own them both (though only a few days with NSX so far). BUT for different reasons. Both are a hoot to drive. One is more raw in appearance and drive, while the other is more refined (and of course 8 yrs newer/younger... plus more than twice the price! ) My only real complaint with the N$X... again so far with limited exposure to date. Different rides for different days is how I think of them.

getting back on track, as the owner of both cars would you agree with or echo the sentiments made in this comparison?

[MENTION=32079]Gadgetman[/MENTION] - you have two amazing cars! Thanks for sharing your pics. Perhaps once you've had more seat time in the NSX you could share your thoughts. [MENTION=32457]chrisn[/MENTION] has been quite vocal and a bunch of us on the sidelines (too p*ssy to buy yet) are thankful.

Always wondered why someone would have a pic of a car that wasn't an NSX when posting in an NSX forum.
I chalked it up to lack of respect for the NSX community.
I think folks can be too easily presumptuous here sometimes. [MENTION=17959]yoojeankim[/MENTION] is a relative old timer, but not as senior as you of course, but I envy what's in his stable.

Anyone else find the presenters acted overtly immature to the point of being obnoxious?

Jason Cammisa had always been like that and actually toned down quite a bit lately. Jonny Lieberman on the other hand went from the more sensible soul to perhaps trying too hard to have some character, perhaps Clarkson inspired? They should bring Carlos Lago back to do more car reviews.

They did get one thing right though, the NSX front fascia is way too busy. However aerodynamically optimized, I hope they do a better job designing the front end come facelift time.
See post #11 :) Jason, Johnny, Carlos... these folks makes it quite clear to me now why Chris Harris is where he is and why these MT guys are where they are. I don't want to be too critical since we do get these productions for free and we're all better for it but I could use more Harris and less Johnny. I actually had to un-follow Johnny's facebook page. He's worse on his own page. Perhaps that's changed now.. it's been at least year since I unsubscribed.

I think folks can be too easily presumptuous here sometimes. [MENTION=17959]yoojeankim[/MENTION] is a relative old timer, but not as senior as you of course, but I envy what's in his stable.

Not meaning to be presumptuous.
If I was posting in a Ferrari/Lambo/R8 forum out of respect for those members I'd choose a pic of an appropriate car for that forum or a puppy dog etc.
Think it's common courtesy to chose an avatar appropriate to the forum you're in.
If a member with say, a Porsche avatar, is bashing away at NSX's I wonder why they bother coming on an NSX forum in the first place.

However you're right that I'm a really old timer now and likely stuck in a different generation. :smile:

Last edited:
Always wondered why someone would have a pic of a car that wasn't an NSX when posting in an NSX forum.
I chalked it up to lack of respect for the NSX community.

seeing that i own 2 and have done a great deal of modding i think i'm in the clear here :D no good shot of the nsx just yet .. still working on small bits before the final photoshoot

- - - Updated - - -

Not meaning to be presumptuous.
If I was posting in a Ferrari/Lambo/R8 forum out of respect for those members I'd choose a pic of an appropriate car for that forum or a puppy dog etc.
Think it's common courtesy to chose an avatar appropriate to the forum you're in.
If a member with say, a Porsche avatar, is bashing away at NSX's I wonder why they bother coming on an NSX forum in the first place.

However you're right that I'm a really old timer now and likely stuck in a different generation. :smile:

i choose 1 avatar for all my 7 forums i reside on, so i can keep it consistent. i liked the photoshoot of my GTR so just stuck with me.. for now. Not sure about the common courtesy part?
Since 1) I'm a long time member on prime 2) I give all high praises to the nsx and thats why im back in one 3) an avatar should be chosen based on whatever you feel like representing :)

I don't see any old timers here just NSX owners :eagerness:

Last edited:
i choose 1 avatar for all my 7 forums i reside on, so i can keep it consistent. i liked the photoshoot of my GTR so just stuck with me.. for now. Not sure about the common courtesy part?
Since 1) I'm a long time member on prime 2) I give all high praises to the nsx and thats why im back in one 3) an avatar should be chosen based on whatever you feel like representing :)

Of course an avatar is a personal choice, you should use the one you prefer, and ignore comments from old curmudgeons like me :smile:

Of course an avatar is a personal choice, you should use the one you prefer, and ignore comments from old curmudgeons like me :smile:

don't worry once spring comes around all my avatars will be changed to my glorified monte carlo !

i SEE DEAD OWNERS.....

This is a very interesting comparison for me.

My NSX is due in October (2017) and I find myself thinking about buying another GT-R either to fill the gap or to compliment the NSX. I remain unsure if I want to take delivery of it, but official UK test drives don't start until next month.

The trouble for me is I get my kicks from modifying, and the GT-R is about the most prestigious car you can buy that you can modify without decimating its value. I suspect I could tune the NSX but am pretty certain it would halve in value overnight if I did.

I've had 7 GT-Rs now, so I wonder if it's getting boring. At least the new model injects something different from my previous cars.

Really don't know what to do.

Thanks for the great pics Gadgetman?

Request "partially " granted.
previous of NSX & GT-R were shown inside the house garage ... and those shwon outside were in front of the "Toy Box" (with pond sadly very low due to our drought to other side).
Here are a few older pix of the detached Toy Box to show the SM plus a few other toys
In future I'll find some good pix of the "Car Cave" addition (to rear of the Toy Box done in '10) which enable some fleet growth and a much better layout.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• P1080672.jpg
    P1080672.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 409
  • P1080673.jpg
    P1080673.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 408
  • P1080767.jpg
    P1080767.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 409
  • P1080762.jpg
    P1080762.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 404
attachment.php
Don't hate Germany at all. I Have a few wish list ideas in mind pending if I add space in future. I may put a building out back and move truck and boat to that which would free up two spaces plus those spaces could have lifts.. But in case you didn't notice I do have attendance/lean toward the lesser made or lesser desirable (in many eyes that is). And a lot for lesser $ when I was more limited in purchase power... or more reliable so mte wouldn't be an issue. I chose primarily based on my personal preferences and appreciation of engineering etc behind them. And I also appreciate not seeing something looking like what I'm driving in other lanes or parking areas etc. And those times when people approach and say what is that anyway as I've not seen one before... or I've read and seen pix of those but not seen up close in person... it just feels so good. But again, I really chose for me vs what others think is more desirable.

- - - Updated - - -

Bricks and Bio;[URL="tel:1917981" said:
1917981[/URL]]Thanks for the great pics Gadgetman?

Here are are a few pix of the "Car Cave" addition to rear of Toy Box. I hope to finish it a bit better then do similar to Toy Box once I make space and clear a lot of things to a future storage building out back.
I really like the single post lifts which make the cars look like floating in air, and especially for the minimal foot print space needed.

I don't know why some pix rotated 90 when downloaded and don't know how to fix them. If some can fix, please do or advise how I can.

For years I wanted to get a sign saying Iron Horse Stables since I have a lot of horses, but all are metal. Then last year finally negotiated $'s on the art form between driveways. I had been working on seller for 4 years before reaching terms. It is full size and made from 480 used Horse shoes. Of course I had to give him a name. And that is the story about "Shoeey"
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    IMG_0410.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
gorgeous setup! thanks for the pics

Gadgetman has a lot of gadgets.:biggrin:

hunchback;[URL="tel:1918328" said:
1918328[/URL]]Love your Z32s Gadgetman, not sure if you still have them but great cars regardless
I hope never to part with any of the Z 31, Z32's, or Z33. The whit pearlglow 91 TT took 1st in Street Mod at ZCON Nationals in NH (2013) and just missed coveted golden cup by 2 pts. The Azure Blue Pearl n/a took 1'st in street nod plus win 1 of 2 Golden Cup given (295pts out of 300 ) at ZCON 2016 in Taranto. The Z33 took 3rd in stock at
ZCON 2015 in Memphis last year. I was told I probably would have gotten 1'st in that plus a Golden Z Cup if I entered in Street mod vs Stock class. Entering as Stock I lost points for clear bra, JDM tail lights, hardwired Valentine, and 12 v outlet I installed in center cubby. So I learned the hard way for future 300 pt professionally judged showing.

Impressive collection. If applicable, you must has equally impressive spousal Jedi Mind Tricks "This is a reasonable number of cars; you will park your minivan outside."

I agree

my wife would have bounced me into the gutter if I tried to accomplish a fraction of what Gadgetman has

she would be ok with the excellent horse sculpture

Back on topic, I'm really really struggling with something here.

The NSX has just been released, 8 years after we first saw the gtr. In this video, it just marginally beat the worst track performing gtr on a track- 0.7 seconds was it?

It's widely considered and the review confirmed it, that the latest gtr is more gt and less r.

so why such a narrow track victory?

the nsx had trofeo tyres, the gtr fast road tyres.

NSX has less total weight, especially over front wheels, smaller frontal area, better drag coefficient, more power, same torque, electric motor torque curve, turbo lag torque fill, torque vectoring, 9 much faster swapping gears and the lowest centre of mass of any car in its class.

So why didn't it destroy the Gtr's track time?

Last edited:
Because: (i) the NSX is 100% GT and 0% "R", (ii) amazing chassis and drivetrain in GT-R was ahead of its time and is still awesome, (iii) the original GT-R was a lot slower than the recent ones-- it got MUCH better before getting a bit worse recently--- lets see what happens to NSX in next 3-5 years and then regroup.

The objective of NSX was to be a very different approach to a sports / GT car. It wasn't to be the fastest car around the racetrack.

I owned and enjoyed a GT-R, but it was ugly and unrefined. I can't imagine choosing a GT-R (even the Nismo, which would be in same price range) over an NSX today, irrespective of lap times (which would presumably be very similar).

I am a broken record on this but if you want fast lap times and a good value, why would you look any farther than the C7 Z06? Some think the Z06 is ugly (or has white trash stigma), but for every one person who hates the look of the Z06, I will show you 10 who hate the look of GT-R (or think it has "ricer" stigma).

In summary: lap times are important, but aren't everything. Many great cars out there. My advice: own them all.

Adamantium,

Honda is about people mobility.

Based on all the false starts, delays, etc. it is a major miracle that the car saw the light of day.

The gestation period put them off cycle with Ferrari (who went turbo big time to deal with their CO2 requirements) and McLaren.

They also know that most of the shlub owners like me ain't gonna be rocking the car at the track for all it is worth so why compromise, ride, around town manners, comfort features, etc..

This car is so much freekin fun in the real world, the pissing contest numbers can take a back seat (ok we have no back seat).

It won't sell to the guy who has to have the best numbers.

If you want a super car where all the stuff works and you can own it without headaches for a long time, you know where to go.

Plus look at the Ferrari situation. A 2010 or 2011 458 costs the same money as a new NSX. Those cars are going to bite you on the repairs and not be any faster.

The only mid engine super car at the same price point as the NSX is the R8. It looks like that car is gonna get cancelled due to VW's exhaust issues so get one while you can.

And thank you for Saville Row, my tailor there Dege and Skinner makes great shirts for me.

Last edited:
Back on topic, I'm really really struggling with something here.

The NSX has just been released, 8 years after we first saw the gtr. In this video, it just marginally beat the worst track performing gtr on a track- 0.7 seconds was it?

It's widely considered and the review confirmed it, that the latest gtr is more gt and less r.

so why such a narrow track victory?

the nsx had trofeo tyres, the gtr fast road tyres.

NSX has less total weight, especially over front wheels, smaller frontal area, better drag coefficient, more power, same torque, electric motor torque curve, turbo lag torque fill, torque vectoring, 9 much faster swapping gears and the lowest centre of mass of any car in its class.

So why didn't it destroy the Gtr's track time?

all good questions. the spec sheet and pre-release hype would've indicated the NSX would (or should) be much faster...

Back