• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2017 Acura NSX vs. 2017 Nissan GT-R - Head 2 Head

here it is ladies, the 2017 NSX versus the 2017 GTR road and track review:

A GTR beating an NSX by 10 car lengths in a drag race or 5 seconds on a track or vice versa is irrelevant to me.
The GTR is an ugly machine I wouldn't buy under any circumstances.

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k5ENqoUGxIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[MENTION=25269]fastaussie[/MENTION] if you have spare time i put this on as my background. expresses really that it wasn't about how fast it could be but more for a drivers car

A GTR beating an NSX by 10 car lengths in a drag race or 5 seconds on a track or vice versa is irrelevant to me.
The GTR is an ugly machine I wouldn't buy under any circumstances.

i agree. i have never been a fan of the GTR and i've driven many, which made me even less a fan.

but many people like to compare these two cars, being Japan's sole Supercar entrants, so it's valid in that regard. and it's a very interesting comparo...

expresses really that it wasn't about how fast it could be but more for a drivers car

i get your point, but as i stated above, many people like to compare these two Japanese combatants for obvious reasons.

seen the video you posted, pretty sure i've seen them all. and in my opinion, if you want a pure driver's car, you're not buying the NSX. that's not what it is..

honestly.. the GTR and NSX is against each other because there really is no other japanese "supercar". It was always the supra/GTR, the nsx was always in a different category with its lower HP but more finesse daily driving abilities. Who knows.. i mean like i posted earlier, its their $ and why complain about a car you arent going to get anyways lol. Its still very enjoyable and i still think its a great step into acura/honda doing something about the sports car industry. They did phenomenal with the civic type-r thats about to be released.

Last edited:
Here's my analysis. The kind of person who will buy car XYZ is the kind of person that, considering all objective and subjective attributes of car XYZ, and considering the prospective buyer's past present and expected future stable composition, concludes, based on the prospective buyer's personal tastes and weighting of various factors, that car XYZ is the best car for him/her right now.

Simple as that.

Suggesting that others should weight various factors differently is like arguing about the best flavor of ice cream. You can ask why someone prefers Rocky Road over Chocolate to help learn more about factors that *YOU* think are important, but you're not going to hector the person into changing their mind about what they like.

As I said in other threads, if the nsx is your car than it is your car. Who gives 2 shits what anyone else thinks. The nsx looks leap years beyond the gtr's styling and it always has. 99 percent of people who own either will not track it to oblivion and drag race it. So why the numbers game yet again? They both seem about dead even on an average. Plus, like I said in other threads, is that my only beef with the new nsx is the price tag. But it is a gorgeous car... The gtr is another fat pig with an upgraded interior. Yet, I love both cars for different reasons. I could own either and be happy.:smile:

Ermmm, did you watch the video? The nsx was faster around Laguna. Sure it has room for improvement I agree. But it ain't no pig. I like both cars. Japanese engineering at their finest hour.

Here's my analysis. The kind of person who will buy car XYZ is the kind of person that, considering all objective and subjective attributes of car XYZ, and considering the prospective buyer's past present and expected future stable composition, concludes, based on the prospective buyer's personal tastes and weighting of various factors, that car XYZ is the best car for him/her right now.

Simple as that.

Suggesting that others should weight various factors differently is like arguing about the best flavor of ice cream. You can ask why someone prefers Rocky Road over Chocolate to help learn more about factors that *YOU* think are important, but you're not going to hector the person into changing their mind about what they like.
Amen. I'm so tired of the numbers game. Even if the new NSX won all of the metrics they would be just a bonus to the owner who buys the car for their intended usage. It's asinine to compare numbers most drivers can't even come close to achieving EVER.

The only thing that bothered me about the video were the two incredibly annoying host. OMG.. i wanted to stab my eardrums. I feel for them though. They've gotta pretend they like both cars we all know they hate.

holy shit, do any of you actually watch the videos?

Yeah, several weeks ago when it came out.

Can't you accept that reasonable people can have different opinions on matters of taste? I already own the fastest new car (around a track) that is currently being built and sold. Not everything is down to numbers. By definition, anything else I buy will be slower, so I use other criteria. Lots of great cars. Hard to own them all, so people will naturally have different opinions.

Ermmm, did you watch the video? The nsx was faster around Laguna. Sure it has room for improvement I agree. But it ain't no pig. I like both cars. Japanese engineering at their finest hour.

yep...

Yeah, several weeks ago when it came out.

Can't you accept that reasonable people can have different opinions on matters of taste? I already own the fastest new car (around a track) that is currently being built and sold. Not everything is down to numbers. By definition, anything else I buy will be slower, so I use other criteria. Lots of great cars. Hard to own them all, so people will naturally have different opinions.

it came out today, October 19th.

i can accept anything, this post isn't about my opinion. i only put the video up for entertainment purposes...

Amen. I'm so tired of the numbers game. Even if the new NSX won all of the metrics they would be just a bonus to the owner who buys the car for their intended usage. It's asinine to compare numbers most drivers can't even come close to achieving EVER.

The only thing that bothered me about the video were the two incredibly annoying host. OMG.. i wanted to stab my eardrums. I feel for them though. They've gotta pretend they like both cars we all know they hate.

i put this video up (like i did the R8, 570S, 911 Turbo comparos) because i hear a lot of comparison to those cars, from you, the Primers! thought you guys might find it interesting? Japan's two Supercars head to head.

Supercars are about the numbers boys, that's just how it goes. and it this case the NSX won, figured you guys would be happy! instead, more complaining...

yep...

i can accept anything, this post isn't about my opinion. i only put the video up for entertainment purposes...

i put this video up (like i did the R8, 570S, 911 Turbo comparos) because i hear a lot of comparison to those cars, from you, the Primers! thought you guys might find it interesting? Japan's two Supercars head to head.

Supercars are about the numbers boys, that's just how it goes. and it this case the NSX won, figured you guys would be happy! instead, more complaining...

Ironic because you tend to be the negative Nancy in these parts haha

Video was online for subscribers in early September (and I thought discussed here-- maybe not). But whatever.

may have been, i'm not subscribed?

Ironic because you tend to be the negative Nancy in these parts haha

i believe myself to be unbiased to all of the Supercars. you and others will undoubtedly disagree. i find the negatives in the NSX along with the positives, and i also put up some of the other competitors while you blokes put them down for ridiculous and nonsensical reasons. i'll plead a case for some models i don't even care for. i will put up or down the AMG, R8, McLaren's, Ferrari's, Porsches, Lamborghini's, etc. i'm more enamored with certain cars more so than others, i'm just not a Acura-can-do-no-wrong fan boy...

Video was online for subscribers in early September (and I thought discussed here-- maybe not). But whatever.

yea a little old, someone posted a link through a 3rd party to watch it for free

- - - Updated - - -

may have been, i'm not subscribed?

i believe myself to be unbiased to all of the Supercars. you and others will undoubtedly disagree. i find the negatives in the NSX along with the positives, and i also put up some of the other competitors while you blokes put them down for ridiculous and nonsensical reasons. i'll plead a case for some models i don't even care for. i will put up or down the AMG, R8, McLaren's, Ferrari's, Porsches, Lamborghini's, etc. i'm more enamored with certain cars more so than others, i'm just not a Acura-can-do-no-wrong fan boy...

to be honest all ive seen from your comments are negative... you kinda remind me of my friend that always wants to win the argument no matter what it takes =] oh well we all love cars

- - - Updated - - -

yep...

wait... first were ladies and now were boys! what's going on? =P

Last edited:
to be honest all ive seen from your comments are negative... you kinda remind me of my friend that always wants to win the argument no matter what it takes =] oh well we all love cars

if you've only seen negatives comments, you're not paying attention.

and again, why are you complaining? the NSX won this comparison, even though you have a GTR as your profile pic... :confused:

if you've only seen negatives comments, you're not paying attention.

and again, why are you complaining? the NSX won this comparison, even though you have a GTR as your profile pic... :confused:

i mean i just randomly strolled through your previous thread posts id say most of them are somewhat hating on it.. but hey what do i know i could just be reading it wrong? lol have you read any of my comments? i didn't complain about anything

i have a gtr in my avatar because thats what i owned? is that wrong of me? do i need permission from mr fast aussie? :D

Jinks;[URL="tel:1917899" said:
1917899[/URL]]As I said in other threads, if the nsx is your car than it is your car. Who gives 2 shits what anyone else thinks. The nsx looks leap years beyond the gtr's styling and it always has. 99 percent of people who own either will not track it to oblivion and drag race it. So why the numbers game yet again? They both seem about dead even on an average. Plus, like I said in other threads, is that my only beef with the new nsx is the price tag. But it is a gorgeous car... The gtr is another fat pig with an upgraded interior. Yet, I love both cars for different reasons. I could own either and be happy.:smile:

I do own them both (though only a few days with NSX so far). BUT for different reasons. Both are a hoot to drive. One is more raw in appearance and drive, while the other is more refined (and of course 8 yrs newer/younger... plus more than twice the price! ) My only real complaint with the N$X... again so far with limited exposure to date. Different rides for different days is how I think of them.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4695.jpg
    IMG_4695.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_4748.jpg
    IMG_4748.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 778
  • IMG_4731.jpg
    IMG_4731.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 776
Last edited:
i have a gtr in my avatar because thats what i owned

Always wondered why someone would have a pic of a car that wasn't an NSX when posting in an NSX forum.
I chalked it up to lack of respect for the NSX community.

Anyone else find the presenters acted overtly immature to the point of being obnoxious?

Jason Cammisa had always been like that and actually toned down quite a bit lately. Jonny Lieberman on the other hand went from the more sensible soul to perhaps trying too hard to have some character, perhaps Clarkson inspired? They should bring Carlos Lago back to do more car reviews.

They did get one thing right though, the NSX front fascia is way too busy. However aerodynamically optimized, I hope they do a better job designing the front end come facelift time.

Back