• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dragon's Tail

Has anyone in the NSX community driven the Dragon's Tail. If so where is it located on this map. I have six couples interested in a weekend trip late Sept or early October.

Last edited:
great_smoky_mts_map.jpg

Nevermind I found It!!!!!!!
DRAGONmap.gif
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/GC_ACCOM_MAP.gif
IM000180.jpg

IM000163.jpg

Last edited:
Its 129 on your top map and runs from TN to NC.

See where Fontana Dam is? Look west just a bit and you'll see Deal's Gap and 129 to Robbinsville, NC. Watch out for the bikers and the cops and have a blast!

yessir

Actually, The real name is the gap. It is a REAL WELL ...A GREAT PLACE TO RUN THE CAR OR BEST THE BIKES. Talk to Fabian at the lair (where you start your run) At the top is where you can find the Tail of the dragon. A lot of the s2k group go up and the miata club are there alot

PM me or you can look at www.tailofthedragon.com

THat's me in the red and black leathers

Attachments

• 092201_17_charles.jpg
    092201_17_charles.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 285
Thanks everyone for the help on directions I live just 98mi north of K-town so no big deal getting there. Looking at the picks I believe a person could get hooked on going to the Tail of the Dragon. We are going to burn out of here soon as the turons leave and the kiddies go back to school.

give a call

AKUDOU said:
Chudson Thanks for the help looks like you were having a blast. I was in Charleston in Feb, man do I love that place.

Hey AKUDOU,
When you go up or come back to the Lowcounty, give me a call
We'll go hang out 843 991-1901

I envy you guys have such beautiful and winding roads there.
I wish I lived there.

chudson1549
I believe we met at NSXPO last year. I have an old Honda CBR F2. I am thinking about selling it because there is simply not too much fun riding motorcycle on the highways.

Last edited:
cbr600 said:
I envy you guys have such beautiful and winding roads there.
I wish I lived there.

chudson1549
I believe we met at NSXPO last year. I have an old Honda CBR F2. I am thinking about selling it because there is simply not too much riding motorcycle on the highways.
I remember you.
I feel ya there. You guys needs some corners :) They have aT-shirt up at the GAP---Deals Gap 11miles w/ 318 turns --Florida 11 turns in 318 miles. THe f2 and f3 are great track bikes. I have the RC for the street. Man my butt hurts. :p

Hey guys - great timing! :)

I was just coming over to post an invitation to join our Lexus club to drive Deal's Gap. My girlfriend has an NSX and will be coming to the meet in her car (she posts here infrequently as KNSX), it'd be great to have some other NSXers join up with us.

August 22 - 24 (main drive is on August 23), 2003

We've put up a website with the details.

www.lexusdragon.com

If you'd like to attend, RSVP links are on the website or send email to [email protected]

Akudo, I noticed you've also got a modified SC. If you haven't joined us over on www.clublexus.com please do so. I'm the forum administrator (davegs4).

That was a great day

cbr600 said:
Those pocket bikes seem to be a lot of fun.

I love the part the rider used his hand to help acceleration. It's funny.
Unfortunately, I had the support vehicle (4runner) behind all the action and traffic. That was the best time that weekend. They are heading up this weekend with the streetbikes. I would like to go up with the Lakehouse crew. We'll see how it works out with the schedule.

The big thing here is not the pocket bikes but the little Honda 50's w/ raised grips and street tires. The guys make a short road course in front of Hooters every Monday night. Put the leathers on and rail through the parking lot. Talk about wearing out some knee sliders. There is a biker and car crowd that you would not believe. On Thursday, we meet up at one on the local go-cart tracks for some closed course racing. Some have lights and plates so watch out GAP.

Charles,
Do you have a pic of your bike? The wife just told me I can get one to go with my other toys and I might have to ask you some questions about them. You have always steered me right in the past so I'm sure you will be a big help again.

Back