• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Southern California to Central Florida - NSXPO 2016

Damn, Craig. You still have fewer miles on your NSX than I do!

BTW, I had something similar happen with a clear bra. The first clear bra I tried on my NSX had a lot of bubbles and stretch lines that wouldn't go away, so the installer was going to switch to a more time-tested product...but, in removing the first from the bumper, pulled paint (which reminded me of the way your mirrors looked after you removed the tape).

Now, keep in mind, I bought my NSX new in 2000...and waited eight years before I decided adding a clear bra. If removing the clear bra added at that time pulled paint when removed, the installer surmised that my front bumper must not have had factory paint (best guess is it was repainted by the dealer at some point before I actually took possession). I was pissed...but the installer thankfully covered having the bumper repainted (which was nice since I had acquired quite a few rock chips over those first 8 years).

i-qxKjJt2-X2.jpg

Last edited:
It is awesome keeping up with your adventures- Mario and Craig. Very glad we have such an awesome NSX community that came through in clutch (no pun intended) for Mario :).

Eric- Wow that really sucks! Damage must have occurred during importation of your nsx and dealership had to have it repainted. Though I wouldnt have known otherwise, the car is flawless buddy.

I can't believe I am just now finding this thread. I hope everyone has a great NSXPO. I still feel so bad for [MENTION=15293]mcano[/MENTION] !!
[MENTION=30556]SeaSharp[/MENTION] dang! that paint lifting though! I am trying to figure out what could have happened to your mirrors and I can only think that the vinyl tape had too much adhesive or was too strong for 20 year old paint. I guess you'll get it all fixed when you get home

Cheers everyone!

A few snapshots so far.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Sunrise over the NSX parking. Some of the cars on the first night. Check in. How about a new NSX?

Attachments

• _COR5322.jpg
    _COR5322.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 234
  • _COR5326.jpg
    _COR5326.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 238
  • _COR5348.jpg
    _COR5348.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 238
  • _COR5349.jpg
    _COR5349.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 236
A few more.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

A few shots at the Kennedy Space Center.

Attachments

• _COR5365.jpg
    _COR5365.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 236
  • _COR5382.jpg
    _COR5382.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 231
  • _COR5385.jpg
    _COR5385.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 230
  • _COR5394.jpg
    _COR5394.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 233
  • _COR5411.jpg
    _COR5411.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 239
  • _COR5418.jpg
    _COR5418.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 230
A few pics from Sebring

We had a great time at Sebring. I have a bunch of photos and this is a small sample. They will all be available after I return.

Attachments

• _COR5428.jpg
    _COR5428.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 28
  • _COR5442.jpg
    _COR5442.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 33
  • _COR5457.jpg
    _COR5457.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 36
  • _COR5505.jpg
    _COR5505.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 37
  • _COR5525.jpg
    _COR5525.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 36
  • _COR5537.jpg
    _COR5537.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 35
  • _COR5554.jpg
    _COR5554.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 36
glad I found this thread too!
@mcano - what happened with your clutch? Was it the original and just couldn't handle your new SUPERCHARGED power? hahaha :)

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

I was first concerned with the clutch at Button Willow in late 2015. However, during three track weekends in 2016 so far, the clutch was fine. So I did not install the OS Geiken clutch that is storage. As you know, I'm still waiting for OS Gekin LSD to come in and then i'll have the trans opened to install the NSX-r extended shaft, the clutch and LSD all at one time. Well, I'm beginning to believe that the LSD will not be available anytime soon.

As for how my clutch problem was solved. When I reached San Antonio,TX, I was referred to Scott Olivier, a premier NSX mechanic in San Antonio, and he did his best he could to get me back on the road ASAP. It was also suggested by an NSX mechanic in Houston, that to save money, that should only replace the clutch disk. Also the clutch disk could be overnight-ed to me from Cincinnati. In addition, an NSX owner in San Antonio gave up his spot in line to get a new timing belt and water pump on his car so that Scott can work on my car car get me on way ASAP, So, I was fortunate to find a good NSX mechanic, and get the parts I needed quickly. The mechanic also came in a 5 am the next day to get me on the road soon sooner. As a result, we only missed half of the first day of NSXPO.

When the clutch was removed, the clutch plate was worn down to the rivets! I'm not sure it was an original clutch, in that previous owner passed away, and the family was not aware of any records foe the car.

So far the new clutch plate worked fine on the rest of the trip and at the tack day at Sebring.

We will continue to post pics of the second part of the trip, which is to drive the Tail of the Dragon in North Caroline. After that Sally and I will head to Charlotte to visit her son.

On Sunday 11/13 we will head home via I-40.

Best,

Mario

Hi [MENTION=15293]mcano[/MENTION], I would look into the ATS LSD. I've heard that one of the engineers from OS Giken left to start ATS. Apparently their NSX LSD is of "newer" technology. Unfortunately, no one here in the US has tried it IIRC but it's commonly used in Japan from what i've been told.

Hi [MENTION=15293]mcano[/MENTION], I would look into the ATS LSD. I've heard that one of the engineers from OS Giken left to start ATS. Apparently their NSX LSD is of "newer" technology. Unfortunately, no one here in the US has tried it IIRC but it's commonly used in Japan from what i've been told.

I think jones83 has one and likes it. Not sure if his is carbon or metallic.

Well NSXPO is over. We stayed over a couple of days. One recuperate from NSXPO and the second to go to Disney World.

On Tuesday 11/8 we left Orlando for the "Tail of the Dragon", a bunch of famous twisties on the broader between North Carolina and Tennessee! Some pics and video to posted later. After the Dragon, Craig headed off to meet some friends in Tennessee, and Sally and I left for Charlotte to visit one of Sally's sons and his girlfriend Laurie.

We are having a lot of fun, but we do miss everyone!

Best,

Mario

We finished NSXPO and really had a great time. I got to re-connect with many people I met in Ohio two years ago and of course, all the NSX'ers we met in Palm Springs.

Jan had flown to Orlando for the event and stayed through Monday so the Cano's and Ryan's went to Disney World on Monday.

After Jan flew out on Tuesday, we began our trek to the Tail Of The Dragon. We went north into Georgia and stayed the night outside of Atlanta. Then on Wednesday we cruised through northern Georgia and into North Carolina. This is really beautiful country and the fall colors made it spectacular. All along the way however, there seemed to be a haze and we noticed the smell of smoke. When we arrived in Robbinsville NC we asked a young lady what was up. It turns out the Smoky Mountains really were smoky. There were several fires in the areas we had come through. We went ahead and ran the Tail Of The Dragon and on our return, ran into a road block that caused us to take a circuitous route back to Robbinsville. We both shot videos so you will be able to see what happened when we return and post them. In the mean time, here are a few pics. It really is a fantastic drive and the fall colors made it even better. We did not see any law enforcement on the "Tail" and very few cars as well. Of course it is off season and the fires had most people's attention.

We then split up and the Cano's are visiting relatives an I will visit some friends on the way home. I don't know when I'll arrive but when I do, I'll let everyone know. See you then.

Attachments

• _DSC1038.jpg
    _DSC1038.jpg
    468.5 KB · Views: 30
  • _DSC1043.jpg
    _DSC1043.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 29
  • _DSC1063.jpg
    _DSC1063.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 31
Criag and Mario. Glad you guys got there and back safely despite some hooks along the way. These cars are amazing: go cross country and track at a high level. I am just so bummed I was not able to go with you guys.

I am already planning to drive cross country for the next nsxpo if it is what it will take. Would you guys do it for another year if you have the choice?

Criag and Mario. Glad you guys got there and back safely despite some hooks along the way. These cars are amazing: go cross country and track at a high level. I am just so bummed I was not able to go with you guys.

I am already planning to drive cross country for the next nsxpo if it is what it will take. Would you guys do it for another year if you have the choice?

You bet.

Hugo,

One far fetched idea Craig and I have is to go to the NSXPO equivalent in Europe! We are going to look into the cost of shipping our cars to wherever in Europe that will have next years event. We are hoping that the track day will be held at a super historic or epic track like NurburgRing race track in Germany.

The cost will likely be prohibitive, but it won't hurt to check it out. Otherwise, yes, lets go to NSXPO 2017!

best,

Mario

Back