• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help, I was heading to NSXPO, but clutch is slipping. I'm currently in San Antonio

try FB Mario....seems to get a lot of eyes....best of luck....If you can make it to Orlando have a shop there get everything in place to do the change...order something from Sos and try to get it to Nabile

I was able to find a very reputable NSX mechanic in San Antonio. So, I did not have to take a chance driving to Houston with a bad clutch. The shop is HNA Autumotivd, and the owner is Scott Oliver. I was so relied to see 3 NSX's in his work shop. No, the problem was finding a new or even a used clutch. Well, we could find either that we can get in a timely manner. So, we enddd up ordering just the disk out of Cininatti and it will be deivrtrd to Scott's shop tomorrow morning. Scott will start right away in that another NSX owner volunteered his slot on Scott's work load so thAt Scott get started on my first thing tomorrow's. so, Sally and I should be on our way again tomorrow afternoon. You just have love NSXPRIME and Facebook for finding a good NSX mechanic , in ding me parts and getting me fixed in time to make to NSXPO with only some delay. See you NSXPO!

these are the stories you will love telling in the future...nsxpo lore is filled with these...makes the whole event amazing..the highs and the lows....and the home depots:wink:

these are the stories you will love telling in the future...nsxpo lore is filled with these...makes the whole event amazing..the highs and the lows....and the home depots:wink:

That's for sure. I swung by Scott's shop a short while ago to grab my computer from the car. He confirmed that the disk will be delivered to him around 10 am tomorrow. There was also a leaking injector caused by a crushed o-ring. During the two days we were on the road, my gas mileage was terrible (19.5 MPG). I thought it was due to the addition of the supercharger and the GT wing. However, on the second day of the drive I smelled gas in the engine bay. I'm lucky that my car did not catch on fire!

I should get to NSXPO Thursday evening at the latest. IF I can logs some long driving days. I may get to NSXPO in time for the drive to the Kennedy Space Center.

Anyway, I
ll see you in a couple of days!

we'll probably be pulling in at the same time...me in the rental and you running to the bathroom:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

at xpo at vir I blew up my clutch.and was able to coast back to pits...long story short I payed a flatbed wrecker uber $ to get back to my dealer.....the amazing thing is how I got home...not in the wrecker....but driving a 91 nsx that was purchased at the event by someone else......what are those chances...ahhh the stories..

Back