• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacing Suspension Bushes - Anyone Done it ?

Hi all,

I'm going to attempt to replace some of the suspension bushes on my 1991 UK NSX, probably just the rears, as they are showing their 25 year old age the most. Has anyone here ever done this in the USA, with replacing just the individual bushes ? With standard type bushes instead of Polybushes ? At the moment, I'm only finding Poly bushes available, which although easier to fit, I'm concerned about the NVH effects to the car.

Any help/guidance/recommendations will be appreciated.

Cheers
Wix

The only bushes available as replacements (that i know of and the ones we carry) are the poly-bushing kit as actual bushing other than that it would be the spherical bearings.
Now when it comes to NVH effects the NSX is quite unique in that the harshness is developed in to the springs, that's why your OEM bushes are so thin.
For example on a BMW bushes are part of the damping of the car suspension and big part of the steering feel.

Polybushes on a NSX doesn't really make it that much harder, spherical bearings are off-course a all out track solution.

Back